Home, And in Chains

EIGHT YEARS LATER

Raymie Reddington's POV

We're back home in D.C. Dad walks with me and stops at the headquarters of the FBI. "Must feel good to be home again, son." I chuckle "Yeah. Well, we'll see about that." I walk into the headquarters. The receptionist looks at me.

"I'm here to speak with Director Harold Cooper." She looks back at the screen "Do you have an appointment?"

"I do not. Tell him it's Raymond Reddington Jr." I walk to the center of the room, then take off my jacket, fold it, and place it on my bag. I take off my black fedora and my aviator glasses. The alarm sounds, I get down on my knees and place my hands behind my head, surrendering myself. Guns are pointed at me. My wanted poster is shown on the screens in the building.

I'm taken to the Post Office in chains, then I'm handcuffed to a metal chair in the Core. I hear voices, one of them belonging to Director Cooper. I smile "Well, obviously someone with authority has taken over. Do you remember me, Director Cooper? Let me refresh your memory. A young boy, 4, maybe 6 years old, adopted by Agent Mojtabai. His sister adopted by Agent Donald Ressler. About....fourteen years later, the Concierge of Crime himself, Red Reddington, calls the boy asking for his assistance. As a reward, Red gave the boy two slips of paper, one for himself, one for his sister. They find out by that slip of paper that their real parents are Red Reddington and Elizabeth Keen."

"I remember you." I smile "Nice to know that. Anyway, let's stop this dance and get to the point, why I'm here. Just 4 hours ago, Ryker Gibbs boarded a jet and flew to the US."

"Ryker Gibbs has been dead for 3 years." I raise my brow "Then a dead man just got clearance to enter the States." Silence. A few moments later, I hear Harold. I smile "Was I right?"

"You were right."

"Yes. And you were wrong. I'll help you catch Ryker, but you must honor my conditions." I hear Harold "What conditions?"

"One, no chains. Or handcuffs or any other kind of restraints. I want to roam free and stay in a hotel of my choosing."

"So you want us to book you a room in the Characin?" I chuckle.

"Don't bother with that, Harold. The Characin's not really my scene."

"You really are like your father."

"Two, I want a designed Darpa chip in my neck, not whatever cheap tracking device you people inserted in me. And thirdly, most importantly, I speak only to Skylar Ressler."

Donald mutters "Usually I like the idea of like father, like son. But in this case, I hate it. You're not coming anywhere near my little girl, Reddington Jr."

"She's not so little anymore, Donald."

"Are you saying I'm being overprotective?"

"I'm not saying anything. Unless it's to Skylar Ressler."

....................................

Skylar Ressler's POV

I just woke up. I look at the clock, "Oh no! I'm gonna be late! And it's my first day working as Dad's partner!" My Siamese kitten Max meows. I begin tying my blue tie around my neck, then pull on my black blazer. "I'll have time to play with you later, buddy."

Meow

Dad meets me at the elevator. "Hey little agent." I smile and hug him "Hi, Dad. What do we got?"

"The Prince of Crime wants to speak with you, and only you." I scratch my head "I don't know who this "Prince of Crime" is, but I'll talk with him."

"He's in the Core. Are you sure you don't want me there with you?" I kiss his cheek "Dad, I'm your partner now. I'm Agent Sky, I'll be fine." He smiles

"Okay. I'll be right here if you need me." I walk inside the Core and sit in a chair in front of the box. The box opens. I swear I've seen this guy before. He looks just like the Concierge of Crime, Raymond Reddington. The Prince of Crime chuckles.

"Agent Sky, what a pleasure."

"Well, I'm here now. What do you want?"

"Your hair's grown longer now. You look ravishing, Skylie." I blush, but try to hide it from him.

"I'm sure you didn't ask my father to bring me here so you can flirt with me. What do you want?"

"I want to help you catch Ryker Gibbs. I want to teach you to think the way I do." I chuckle "The way you do. And how do you think?"

"Like a criminal. It's the only way you'll be able to catch Ryker. You can't think like a cop. Cops are so objective, they only see the problem in front of them. I can help you catch Ryker, but I can't do much in here, Skylie."

"Why me? I'm just a field agent. My father's partner. Nothing special about me."

"I think you're very special, Skylie."