I Never Liked Natalie, Donald

Raymond Reddington's POV

Even though I'm angry with Donald for showing Natalie pictures of my Lizzie, I can't stand what Natalie is doing to him right now. Bringing out his emotions from Audrey's death, and my daughter leaving him and coming home to me.

"You don't know anything about what Audrey meant to me! You're lucky Beth is alive, little brat. That girl means the world to me! She brings out a softer, kinder side of me."

Natalie laughs at Donald "You're still so vulnerable, Agent Ressler! So vulnerable, still so pitiful even after Audrey died and Beth left." Tears stream from Donald's eyes "STOP! STOP IT!!"

"Audrey's dead. Beth left. You needed me, Agent Ressler." Donald is crying. He has his pistol out, but Natalie's made him emotional, broken him. He doesn't have it in his heart to shoot the young girl that's clearly abusing him, tearing him apart.

I pull out my pistol and fire it at Natalie. She gasps "You can't shoot me!"

"And you can't talk to Agent Donald Ressler that way. Now apologize." Natalie scoffs

"No way! It's not my fault Agent Ressler is so pitiful and vulnerable!" I fire the rest of my bullets at her. Before Madeline could scream, I shoot her too.

I look at Maddie's corpse "It's your fault that girl turned out to be such a brat."

I walk over to Agent Ressler. "Are you alright?" He looks at me through watery eyes. I place my hand on his shoulder "You deserve a far better daughter than her, Donald. I never really liked her, and it killed me to watch her abuse you like that. I don't appreciate you showing that girl pictures of Lizzie, but I just hated seeing what that girl was doing to you, Donald."

Donald nods, blinking back tears. "You were right, Red. Natalie was never my daughter." I nod at him "I know. Why don't you go see Beth, Ressler? You might feel better if you do."

Donald smiles, fighting back tears "I...I think I will. Thank you, Reddington."

.........................

Donald Ressler's POV

I walk in to the hospital, still thinking about how Natalie hurt me. Beth smiles "Ressie!" I laugh and hug her, the only other girl aside from Audrey and Liz that means the world to me. I hold Red's daughter close to my chest and bury my hands in her brown hair.

"Hey, kiddo. How are you feeling?" She grins "Better now that you and Daddy are here!" I chuckle. Somehow, feeling Beth hugging me, hearing her voice, it makes the events of this dreadful day disappear. All that matters, is that Beth is still alive and just as happy as ever. My phone rings.

"Ressler."

"Hello, Agent Ressler. I'm Holly. I understand you're interested in adopting Skylar?" I turn to Reddington, confused. "Hold on, Holly." I look at the criminal.

"Red, why is an adoption agency calling me?"

"Because Beth is living with me, Natalie's dead. You need something besides painkillers to get over Audrey's death."

A wide grin escapes my mouth. Red smiles "Sky is 4 years old. And she really is an innocent orphan. I told them you're good with kids and would love to raise a little girl as your own daughter. Don't worry, I've already paid for her adoption. All you have to do is sign the papers and go take her home."