The Mailman (#2 on Raymie's List)

Raymond Reddington's POV

Raymie and I are getting dressed in our three-piece suits as we hear a radio.

Please allow me to introduce myself

I'm a man of wealth and taste

The guard brings out me and my boy to a chopper above us. "You ready?" Raymie and I laugh and I shake my head. "Well now, that's a stupid question."

......................

Skylar Ressler's POV

I stand and watch as Red Jr and Red point out to us that the accidental train crash was in fact no accident at all. Red Jr describes our suspect.

"A man who calls himself the Mailman. But make no mistake, this is not your friendly neighborhood postman. This man is a mercenary. The people who hire him tell him to deliver a bomb, a poison, any kind of weapon that kills, to a specified site."

I point out different incidents. "2012, a bombing at the Miami airport, 75 people killed, 18 injured. 2007, a car crashes and explodes on the Brooklyn bridge, 13 people killed, 6 injured. Red Jr and Red say, this is all the work of the Mailman."

Samar looks at me. "So, how are we gonna find this Mailman's next target?" I look at Red "You've met him before, haven't you?"

"I haven't, but Raymie has." I turn to Red Jr. He winks "I have a contact that could tell us his next target. But, I prefer to meet with him in person, and with Agent Sky." Ressler furrows his brows "And where is this meeting going to take place?"

"Paris."

I sigh "Alright." Red Jr smiles "What fun. You'll need a dress. Dad, you coming to Paris with us?"

Red chuckles "As much as I'd love an aviation cocktail while watching you two chat, I'm afraid Dembe and I have some business to attend to."

------

Red drops us off at Paris, then he and Dembe leave in his private jet. Red Jr drives me to a French restaurant. I look at him before we go in "Look, I'm not here to chat. We meet your contact, then we go, got it?"

"I agree with you completely. But it is a restaurant, and....." he glances at his Rolex watch "it is dinnertime. Plus, I thought the two of us could enjoy a nice glass of champagne."

We walk in, he gives his fedora to the first person he sees, then we sit down at one of the tables. Red Jr smiles at me. I blush.

"You've seen me before, haven't you, Skylie? Where?"

"I.....I was twelve years old. You were at your dad's house with a girl, not much younger than you. I...I think her name's Beth." He nods

"She's my sister. As we speak, I'm having Xavier find her." I cock my head "Xavier?" He smiles "Xavier's my tracker, and a very gifted tracker at that." He leans in closer to me. "I've missed you, Skylie."

I could smell the musky outdoors cologne on him. I speak softly "I....I had a crush on you when I was twelve, didn't I?" He nods.

I look into his beautiful sea-green eyes. Suddenly, I remember.

...........................

FLASHBACK

"I think Raymie's cute!"

.............................

...................I blush, "Bye Raymie. Be careful."...............

..................."I love you, Raymie Alexander Reddington!!".............

......................."Raymie? Raymond, where are you? Raymie!! It's me, Skylar!!"

END OF FLASHBACK

...........................

My eyes widen. He's here, he's finally here. "Raymond?" He tilts his head and raises his brow "My dad's named Raymond too, you know." I giggle "Raymie, it's you!!" he chuckles and winks "Took ya long enough." I lean closer to him, staring at his lips.

Raymie looks out the window "Oh, hell. I thought I told your dad I wanted to do this with just the two of us! Just you and me!" He leaves. Seconds later, I hear the fire alarm.

Dad comes to me "You let him go!" I roll my eyes "Dad, Raymie told you he wanted to do this with just me and him.

He specifically said he didn't want any clumsy agents around." Dad stops and stares at me, then we proceed to the vehicle Dad and his team were spying from. Dad opens the door, and stands there speechless. I smile. Raymie was in the vehicle, waiting for us.

"Hello Donald. Took you two long enough." Dad stares, his jaw drops open. He then glares at Raymie "You knew the contact wouldn't show up!!" He tilts his head

"Donald, did you really think I asked my father to fly me and your daughter all the way to Paris just for champagne and aviation cocktails? My contact was the first person I saw when Agent Sky and I walked inside. He left the location of the target site in my hat."

"Nashville, TN: David Fletcher."

"I think this went well, let's celebrate. Hey Donald, how about that aviation cocktail?" Dad just mutters

"Just like his dad. I hate this!"

--------

"David Fletcher, human rights activist. Takes in injured and beaten boys and cares for them. He is currently in Nashville at a Tim McGraw concert. He is hosting a party for the boys tonight."

Raymie pipes up "You won't find the Mailman without me." I smile "So you want to go to the party?"

"Thought ya never ask. I want to go, with you as my date, Skylie. And if you don't mind, I want to pick out your dress."

Dad growls "Absolutely not." Raymie nods "Then good luck finding the Mailman."

"Argh! Fine, but don't you dare touch her, Reddington."

......................

We make it to Nashville. I'm in a gorgeous black gown. Both Reddington men are wearing black tuxes. After his first glass of champagne, Raymie nods his head to one of the waiters. "That's him."

"Who?"

"The waiter. It's the Mailman." I go tell Dad and in minutes, he's chasing after the waiter. "Get back here, pal!"

I guide David Fletcher to his suite. He lets out a sigh "Thank you, Agent Sky." I nod, Raymie and Red walk in. Raymie looks at Fletcher "Have you told her, David?"

"What the hell are you doing here? Agent Sky, it's those men. They want me dead!"

"Tell her the truth David." Red tells Fletcher. "David Fletcher doesn't rescue injured and beaten boys, he steals them and drugs them. That glass my son's Mailman friend gave you, has the same drug you use on those boys."

"I....I can't breath!" I stab him with a pen, then open it and take out the ink part. "This'll help you breathe."

Red watches me "You know, my wife, Elizabeth Keen used that same tactic on me. Only Lizzie didn't open it and take out the ink. What is it with you female agents involved with Reddington men and hotel rooms and stabbing pens in people's necks?"

Dad comes in, breathless. "What happened?" Both Red and Raymie speak in unison "Looks like he's dying."

Red nods "Definitely dying."

Dad and his team find a storage unit filled with scared, beaten boys. I gasp, so what the Reddington men said was true. Fletcher stole and drugged those boys.

------

Raymie looks at me "You look tired. You should go home, get some sleep. That is, unless you want to spend more time with me tonight."

"I have a boyfriend, Raymie."

"Yes, and he's not good for you, Skylie. You've discovered something rather curious about Ashton, haven't you? The way I see it, you have two options. Confront him about it, or just pretend he really is who you think he is."

He gets up and straightens his tux. "Or maybe there's a third option." He walks away.