Cooler Than Me(Sam Wilson x Female!Reader)

Pairing: Sam Wilson x Female! Reader M/F

Summary: Sam gets fed up with Y/N ignoring him and confronts her. It goes all to Hell in a handbasket and Tony fixes it better than they do.

Word Count: 534

Warnings: Swearing, misunderstanding, referenced claustrophobia, and truth serum, forced honestly

A/N: Inspired by Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner. Also, is complete crap and does not do Sam justice.

Y/N practically ignored Sam from day one. Like he was undeserving of her attention, at least that's what it feels like to Sam. Sam decided to confront her with this so maybe, just maybe they can work better on and off the field.

"Why do you ignore me? As far I know I never did anything to you," Sam told Y/N, they were alone in the common room.

"What? You didn't do anything, the problem's me. I'm intimidated-" Y/N cut herself off, her face pale.

"What? Who are you intimidated by?"

"You." Y/N winced, "I think you're amazing, your eyes are stunning, I don't talk to you because I know I'm going to make myself look like an idiot and I can't impress you, I'm nowhere near special in anyway and-"

"You mean to tell me you were intimidated by, so you ignored me? Why are you even telling me this?"

Y/N closed her eyes for a moment, opening them again to stare directly into Sam's.

"I attempted to ignore, didn't do so well and...well, I guess you weren't informed about the fact that I got dosed with what seems to be a truth serum and I can't stop saying what is going through my head. So, yeah I'm telling you that I fell for you from afar whilst making you hate my guts. Good day."

Y/N left the common room where Sam was standing astounded.

SWSWSW

Y/N avoided Sam worse than she did before she blurted out her feeling.

"So, what is up with you and Birdboy?"

"Nothing is up with me and Sam."

Tony grinned, bumping her elbow, "I never that it was Sam."

"Shove off."

Y/N rammed Tony back with her shoulder. "HA! Eat those shells, YOU GOLD AND RED COLORED DICK!"

"Wow, this is something I ever imagined to see."

Y/N glanced up, "Oh hey, Birdbrain. Want to join in Tony's and my weekly ritual of playing video games and kicking each other's asses? This week is Mario Carts, next is Mario Smash Bros."

"Sure."

"Great, Barton, grab a controller," Tony informed Clint.

SWSWSW

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you," Sam said stepping into the elevator.

"Uh huh." Was her response, shuffling over to the side, seemingly determined to ignore him.

The elevator jerked to a stop. Sam and Y/N glanced around worriedly.

Tony's voice came out of the speakers, "Sorry folks, seems like the elevator is down at this point and time, hopefully, it'll be back up and running soon."

Y/N mumbled something to herself.

Walking closer to Sam, she sat down cross-legged, "Let's get this over with."

"What?" This woman was just plain confusing.

"Tony shut down the elevator so I would stop avoiding you like the plague and hash it out with you."

"Oh."

"Yes, so what do you want?"

"I want to hang out and get to know you."

"Sure."

"What?" Geez, Sam had been asking that a lot lately, hasn't he.

"Sure, let's hang and maybe be friends. God knows I need those," Y/N responded as if it was that easy. Standing up, she flipped the bird at the cameras and said, "Tony make this goddamn thing move before my mild claustrophobia kicks in."