Chapter 4

Before her nightmares had time to wake her, Bellatrix felt the sharp sting of her dark mark. Her eyes flew open, this was it. A twisted smile played on her lips, as she pulled her wand out. The first flick of her wand found her dressed and the next she was gone, headed for wherever her master had called her to.

It was only a moment before she was standing in a large, dark room. Her eyes darted around quickly, trying to decide where she was and who might be hiding in the darkness. Her eyes were quite adept at seeing in low light, at least, there was one thing she could be thankful for. She saw a large figure moving swiftly in the far end of the room, her smile grew, her wand out and ready. She had been a skilled duelist, easily one of her master's best. Her body ached for the chance to torture and kill, her bloodlust unquenchable.

"I see you," she called out, her voice echoing eerily through the room. The silence lasted only a moment before her Master's cool voice called out to her.

"Very good Bellatrix." He flew through the room and in a moment was standing before her, black smoke vanishing as he came into focus.

"My Lord," she said softly, her head bowed.

He smiled "I assume that you still remember how to duel?" His words wicked, but very much exciting.

"Of course, my Lord," she said excitedly. It had been a long time since she had dueled with her master. After all, she was only as good as she was because her master had spent years training her, a true product of the Dark Lord's genius.

The dark lord bowed to her his wand out and ready. Bellatrix bowed and as soon as they were looking at each other red light shot from her wand, she was not going to waste any time. Her smile was unfading as her master blocked the spell her want erupting with red light before he had time to cast himself. She laughed madly as their duel continued, no words were needed as they cast and deflected whatever the other had thrown at them. She had not felt this good in so long, she was madly dancing around as the duel continued unable to hide her glee. At the last moment she switched up her tactic, almost boring of the duel at this point. Bellatrix casted a shield charm just as her master's spell was to hit her, sending the bright red light flying back at him. The Dark Lord step to the side just in time smiling.

"I see you have not lost your touch Bella," his snake like words filled her with pride, "Now I suppose I should allow you some fun." His words were wicked, Bella hanging on every syllable.

"Thank you, my Lord," her words excited and proud; he was truly a great master.

He turned and started walking to another part of the room, Bellatrix following at his heels. She was fairly certain they were in the Malfoy's cellar, it was most certainly the safest place to duel. This also meant this was where her master was keeping prisoners, maybe even prisoners that he would allow Bella to play with.

Bound in a far back corner was a badly beaten young man, Bellatrix had never seen him before but clearly he had done something to offend her master. The fact that he was not dead yet spoke volumes. She looked eagerly up at her master, her eyes wide with excitement barely able to contain the anticipation.

"My dear Bellatrix, this is young Mr. Longbottom. I'm sure that you remember his parents, Alice and Frank," her Lord spoke sickly.

She could not help but laugh. She had been locked away for the torture of his filthy, pathetic parents. Her eyes narrowed at him, making her look even crazier than she already appeared.

"How are dear old Mommy and Daddy?!" She shrieked, her disturbed mental state evident with every word.

Longbottom was clearly trying to say something, his mouth was moving but no sound escaped his lips. Bellatrix laughed at his pathetic attempts to speak through her master's silencing charm.

"You are even more pathetic than your dear old Mum and Dad," she hissed. She could not wait to see what her master had in store for this one.

"He is of no use to me anymore, Bella. While I must be the one to kill him, I thought that you would enjoy torturing him. After all, you did such a wonderful job with his parents," her master hissed as her eyes darted up to him momentarily before allowing a red light to escape her wand.

The boys beaten body writhed around on the floor, but there were no screams, no excessive flailing; torturing was not as fun without the screams. Her eyes looked up at her master, her eyes pleading as the boy lay silently on the floor. Her eyes met his wicked smile as he pointed his own want at the child, removing the silencing spell. Her smile widened and without even looking cast the cruciatus curse once more. His pathetic screams filled the cellar, echoing off the damp stone walls. She laughed madly as he screamed and writhed in pain. Her master allowed the torture to continue until the boy was on the edge of consciousness, he wanted him to be able to look into his eyes before he killed him.

"That is enough Bellatrix," he said coolly moving over to Neville, looking down into his glassy eyes.

Bellatrix backed up, watching eagerly for the Dark Lord to use the killing curse. When she started to believe that she could wait no longer a bright green light exploded from the tip of her master's wand.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" her master's words echoed sickly through the stone room.

She shrieked with excited laughter, she loved watching her master kill.

"Your bloodlust is inspiring Bella," Voldemort hissed his eyes moving to the entrance of the cellar. "Nagini," he called before speaking parseltongue to his pet snake. Clearly, she was to be the one to clean up their mess.

Bellatrix watched with sick fascination as the giant serpent slithered its way over to the boy's limp body, slowly beginning to devour his lifeless corpse.

"Now, I believe your sister will be expecting you for breakfast. It is safe to assume that the rest of house is now awake." Her master's words dismissed her from his presence.

"Yes, my Lord," Bellatrix bowed before turning and flying out of the cellar into the drawing room and then off to find her sister.

The sun was now up, she had spent more time with her master than she had realized. She skipped happily around the manor, thrilled already by her exciting morning. She had only been free of Azkaban for a day and half and already she felt more like herself than she ever thought was possible.

"Good Morning," she exclaimed as she burst into the dining room where the rest of the Malfoy family was seated.

Itwas very obvious to everyone there that their dear Bellatrix was returning backto her arrogant self. Clearly it was a welcome change, her sister's eyeslighting up and the sound of her voice. There would be no need for any of themto worry about her and she could resume her role as one of the heads of herfamily. She took her seat proudly, conversing civilly with the table overbreakfast. All was at it should be.