Chapter 11

She could not believe how quickly time was passing. It was already almost the end of October and nothing could be better, well nothing could realistically be better. She had been out of Azkaban for four whole months. Bellatrix spent her days training with different groups of death eaters. Her mornings were spent with the newer members, the ones that the Dark Lord did not fully trust yet. They were the ones being sent out to kill muggles, almost like an initiation. Bella always volunteered to go but her master said he needed her safe, not that she could not handle it but he did not want her getting caught. He was sending the disposable followers, the ones that had yet to prove themselves like she had. Then in the afternoons, she trained with most of the members of the Dark Lord's inner circle. Then in the evenings, she trained with Rodolphus and Rabastan who she worked the best with. It was just like old times, except she was much more useful now. Her status as the Dark Lord's right hand was clear to everyone now as she was helping to manage a lot of what was going on. The power was infectious.

Today, however, Bellatrix had the day off. Her sister and brother-in-law were throwing a Halloween Ball in less than a week and Bella needed a dress. She could not remember the last time she was able to go shopping. Narcissa made special arrangements at a shop whose owner was a supporter of the Dark Lord so Bella could pick something out on her own. She was so absolutely excited, it had been so long since she had an excuse to dress up and party with her sister. While everyone was going to be wearing masks and costumes, it was only going to be followers of the Dark Lord so she would not have to keep her head down. It was difficult sometimes having to stay hidden away in the manor. Always worth it but not always easy.

She dressed warmly for the day and grabbed her long hooded dragonhide trench coat before heading down of breakfast. She was like a giddy school girl as she skipped downstairs into the dining room where her sister and brother-in-law were already eating. She smiled brightly.

"Good Morning," she said happily as she sat down at her usual spot next to Narcissa.

"Good Morning Bella," her sister said sweetly, "I see someone is excited about going out today!"

Bella simply nodded as she started eating. The quicker she ate the quicker they could go.

"Aren't you lucky going out during the day," Lucius said sarcastically having a little fun with his sister-in-law.

Bellatrix and Lucius were not particularly close but they loved to pick on each other. He was the brother she had never had. She turned to him and stuck her tongue out and made a sarcastic noise before returning to her food. It was not long before they had finished breakfast, Narcissa had said her goodbyes to her husband and Bella was hidden inside her coat. Then with a flash, the sisters were off.

When she opened her eyes they were standing in the middle of Knockturn Alley in front of an old shop that Bella recognized from her youth. Narcissa walked up and opened the door promptly, holding it open for her sister to skip inside. It was a small shop with some dusty old robes in the front window. A very old witch came out from the back and gestured for them to follow her. They followed her through the back of the shop which was clearly used for storage and down through a trapdoor into a large room underneath the shop. Inside were some of the most beautiful dresses and robes Bellatrix had seen in a very long time.

"Look around and let me know when you find something you like," the little old witch said before taking a seat by the large mirror. She smiled excitedly to her sister as she removed her hood from her head and made her over to one of the racks of long formal dresses. They both flipped through the racks of dresses looking for something they liked not saying a word until Bella stopped at one looking it up and down carefully.