ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛 • 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 🤝 𝔸𝕝𝕘𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕒 = 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕥.

"Ugh, I hate mornings. They're stupid and useless, like algebra. Turn the sun off, Y/n." Katlyn groaned from under the covers of the bed she shared with me. I was at the dresser, brushing my hair and getting ready for the day ahead.

Today, we were going to Orlando to look around, visit, and get souvenirs from the city before everything gets corrupted by the Mouse. I had woken up like an hour before Katlyn, so I was ready to go by the time she woke up.

I wore a casual, tan t-shirt tucked into a pair of shorts and simple sneakers to walk in, since Brielle told us that we would be doing lots of walking for the next few days. I let my hair down and was brushing it when Katlyn woke up and started to complain.

"I tried closing the curtains, but that's the best I can do," A pillow flew in my direction and landed right at my side. Picking it up and looking back, I noticed the lump in the bed snickering to itself.

I smirked to myself before walking over to the door and opening and closing it shut. I stayed quiet for a few seconds before Katlyn popped her head out from the blanket.

As soon as it did, the same pillow she threw at me smacked her right in the face and I ran out laughing before she could catch me.

Maybe I can get along with Katlyn...

*****

The drive was pretty short, maybe less than an hour, but I had plenty of time to record some really bad Carpool Karaoke and get some footage for montages.

Palm trees lined the sidewalks and people of all different colors and sizes wore their favorite summer clothes and looked to be enjoying the beautiful, blue day that was granted. We asked Brielle about the different things to do in the street as we pulled into the public parking lot.

She mentioned a few of her favorite restaurants that were here, little stores, and plenty of photo spots.

*****

Walking down the street, my stomach embarrassed me by growling the loudest it ever has. I felt the light blush rise to my cheeks as I bashfully admitted how hungry I was. Thankfully, so was everyone else, so Brielle led us to her favorite sub shop that was only a few minutes walk away.

*****

Brielle walked in front of the group, leading the party towards the sandwich shop with Mark at her side. The whole time, Brielle was mumbling to herself, catching Mark's attention and concern.

"Or maybe we shouldn't go there. Maybe we should just get McDonalds or something else less... risky?"

"Risky?"

All morning, Brielle had been acting kinda jittery and anxious, second-guessing every single decision she made and worrying about every place they went to, everything they did, and anything they thought of. It was definitely a cause for concern.

"Why are you acting all paranoid, Bri? Is something wrong?"

"THAT'S THE THING! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG!"

"Woah, woah, calm down. Tell me what's wrong," As the pair walked ahead of the rest of their party, Mark tried his best to hold onto Brielle so she wouldn't have a mental breakdown.

"Ok, ok, I'm chill, I'm chill, untwist your panties. It's just...we went to the cursed mall yesterday and nothing happened! I've been to that damn mall a million times and something bad always happens, except for yesterday... it's sus, just saying..."

"Maybe the 'curse' has been lifted?" He tried his best attempts to make her feel better and ease her mind. She gave him a small smile before letting out a deep breath.

"Maybe, I dunno... What if it means that something really big and really bad is coming instead? And it's so big and bad that it couldn't just happen in one day..."

"I think we'll be okay, Bri. But it's nice knowing that you like us enough to include us in your curse!" That got a laugh out of the purple-haired girl.

"Yeah, I hope so..."

*****

Once we arrived, we had to push together two tables to fit everyone in our group, but we were soon seated and eating the most delicious sub sandwich I'd ever had in my life.

The restaurant was themed after a firehouse and there was fireman decor covering every inch of the place. They even had plastic fire helmets for kids.

Jack, being the big kid he is, went up to the counter and asked for a few hats and brought one for each of us.

"And one for you, m'lady!"

As I stood up to throw my trash away, he presented me with the bright red plastic hat and placed it on the top of my head.

His eyes seemed to stare right into my soul as he brought the little elastic string under my chin. I felt my heart beating louder and faster as the warmth of his fingers on my chin made me melt. A lump formed in my throat as I tried to breathe like a normal human.

We stood there for what felt like an eternity, in our own little bubble, where not even the excited teasing and chuckling from our friends could pop it.

Only one thing could, and it was the daunting needle of reality.

I glanced over Jack's shoulder and saw something that caused the smile that was growing on my face to immediately drop.

A familiar pair of eyes that I used to once gaze into, complimented by the messy mop of black hair and pale skin, holding a to-go cup of coffee and doing something on his phone.

As badly as I wanted to tear my eyes away from the haunting sight, I couldn't, and Jack seemed to take notice.

"Y/n? A-Are you okay?"

The ground underneath me started to sway and my legs started to turn into jello. My heart thudded and my normal breathing escalted to hyperventilating. A pain throbbed in my chest and I was trying my hardest to choke back the tears forming in my eyes and streaming down my face.

I felt the nausea getting to my head and my legs go out from underneath me.

"Y/N!"

"Oh my god! What happened? Are you okay?" The questions overwhelmed me, but I couldn't hear a thing they were saying. The words were lodged in my throat as I tried to tell them what I had seen.

In the midst of my blurred vision, I noticed a cup of water being handed to me.

My hands were trembling but I managed to grab hold of it and slowly raise it to my lips. The ice cold liquid going down my throat refreshed my whole body and I finally felt the world stop spinning. I glazed my eyes around the area, trying to bring myself back down to reality.

Brielle and Jack were on the dirty floor, at my side, Mark's hand was the one who handed me the cup of water and Katlyn had a look of worry on her face as she slightly bent down to find out what happened.

"What... happened?" The only words I could muster finally escaped my throat and Brielle had a knowing look in her eyes. A look that I remember from 10 years ago. A look that pained me to see come from Brielle.

"You had a panic attack."

A/N
Holy crap I just realized this book has over a hundred votes thank you guys so much 💚💚