The "Overstanding"

* The following year*
Bev and I planned on meeting in Central Park for sightseeing. Despite him being a business-oriented hood nigga he was into these kinds of activities. Today was different, Bev told me he had a conflict at one of the greenhouses and had to take care of it, hmph I thought and was slightly disappointed but decided to stay in the park anyway. I sat on the grass with my Picnic blanket and plantain chips looking up into the trees and admiring the simplicity and simultaneous complexity of nature when I came across this man staring me right in my soul. I paused immediately and it was almost like I was caught in a daze and time stopped for a short second. How can one's energy be so captivating off rip like that?" I thought to myself. Time shifted back into  place as he started to head over my way. Oh shit! Act normal! Make sure no chip shards is in your teeth! In my head I was coaching myself like I would've in high school when a cute boy would approach me. Why did I feel the need to do this ? I barely knew anything about this man except that his energy was different and consuming, in a good way. He reminded me a lot of my father; he had long locs that hung down to his calves and  wore a bright burgundy pullover with intricate patterns and some loose fitting bootcut jeans and burgundy suede Clark's. He played a kette drum and was a band member of whoever was performing that afternoon. His skin was golden brown like mine and smooth and clear like he bathed in baby tears or some shit. His scent was prominent, waving at me every time he dipped and bopped while walking. He finally met up to me and said "Hello." I smiled softly and returned the greeting. He proceeded to tell me his name "Jah Nyah." I'm taking that it was his stage name and he was a super Rasta. But I found myself interested to know him and converse. He stuck out his hand and I reached out and shook it "Tifaani." He seemed to like the name his eyes got a little bigger he said "woi, what a name for a princess such as yourself." I blushed , "thanks." We began exchanging backgrounds and work fields. He was a musician and always traveling with his band and playing for famous musicians like The Marley's and Chronixx and Protoje. So I have an idea of what his revenue might look like. He wasn't wearing crazy jewelry but a few shining gold rings on both hands and a small little humble wristwatch. Before we knew it an hour had passed and he told me he has to go back and play "fi di ppl dem." He gave me his phone number and said to call him anytime I might be here again. Based off of this encounter I can tell Jah Nyah isn't gonna be much of a stranger. I completely forgot about Bev. I pondered that maybe this was all meant to happen. Would Nyah have come to speak to me  had Bev been here? HELL NO! Remembering 555 sequence I sat and thought for thirty minutes later and decided to take myself to some lunch. Over lunch I thought about that song "Trueversation" by Queen Ifrica and Damian Marley I heard my dad blasting one day on his sound system. It made me think of the conversation me and Nyah had a short time ago. For some reason I feel like Bev understands me yes, but this guy Nyah might just overstand me the way I been yearning for a man to.