4. The Chase

15 days on from my escape I was in Oxford, if I had had the choice this is where I would have spent my university days, my parents both attended here and I was now recalling the stories they had shared.
I the last two weeks I had visited a number of 'tourist' locations, taking the time to reacquaint myself with the country of my birth, using hostels and public transport and frequently changing my look I had so far evaded the triplets, I felt quite smug about that, I knew whilst uncle wouldn't directly let them know anything they had the resources of M17 at their disposal.
I was careful to avoid cameras and kept vigilant, a week ago I had checked in with uncle, just a quick call to tell him I was okay. I think he is enjoying the game, he seemed to be enjoying the fact I had so far not been caught, he had told me the boys were not happy about that and I had laughed before wishing him well and heading off to another location.
The open top bus I was on gave me a great view of the city and we were crossing Magdalen Bridge when I spotted them, Kade was looking intently at his phone, giving directions to Kier as Knox sent scary looks at the people passing by.
I peaked over the edge of the bus as we went past, smiling at how frustrated they looked.
The bus took us back to the park and ride in the outskirts of the city and I followed a group of German tourists who I had spoken to, who had told me their next stop was Winchester and no one checked the occupants of the coach, so I was going with them south.
When we reached Winchester I bid them goodbye and headed into town, I had decided my next stop would be in the new forest, I had great holiday memories from there and wanted to see the area again.
Before leaving Winchester I phoned uncle and updated him that I had seen them in Oxford, he had chuckled and reminded me I still had another 15 days that they could find me in and not to get to comfortable.
XxX
POV Kade
What was this girl capable of, so far she had kept ahead of us, we thought we had her when a cctv camera flagged her in Oxford but when we got there our luck ran out and she was gone.
Knox was fuming, I know August had always riled him up, she wound us all up, she was beautiful, graceful and totally off limits, forbidden, her uncle was our boss so when in the past we had been tasked with escorting her to school or on a trip we had done so grudgingly, babysitting was not one of our skills and August had paid for our dislike of the roll, not that she ever told her uncle.  We knew why she had to be protected, she was the vulnerable spot of one of England's most dangerous leaders, if opposing forces got hold of her it would tear him apart between family and duty, in fact it would probably test our devotion to duty, August was under our skins and until she gave us the slip I hadn't realised how much, and it wasn't just me who felt twisted up when she was near, I saw Knox's reaction and Kier's also, and the game her uncle was allowing, I don't think he knew of the types of punishment running through our minds for her, my hand itched at the thought.
If she wasn't scared she should be, we would catch her soon.
XxX
Twenty Eight days since my escape.
I was walking back from the village to my campsite just outside Brockenhurst, the evening sun was creating beautiful shadows across the paths and the sound of nature around me made me smile, such a lovely part of the world, the constant changing natural scenery, people from all over the world, the animals, it was heaven.  On arriving in the forest I had purchased a small tent and sleeping bag along with a basic cooking set up which all stored into a rucksack, the campsite had basic shower and toilet facilities and the staff were very friendly, the warden checking in on me every couple of days, he was a little worried I believe as I was a lone female traveller.
I had phoned uncle a week ago from Southampton, just in case anyone was tracking my phone signal and he still seemed in good spirits, he wouldn't tell me where the boys thought I was, said it was only fair no information either way, I grudgingly agreed.
Waving at the warden as I passed the entrance I made my way towards my tent, there had been a few changes of campers but it looked quite quiet.
SNAP! A branch breaking behind me made me jump and I spun round but could see nothing, I shrugged it off, probably just an animal.
I turned back towards my tent and took a step into something hard, something which wrapped itself around me. I reacted out of instinct, bringing my knee up and hitting my assailant in his groin, but not hard enough, his hiss of breath brushed across my ear and I shivered, trying to wrench myself free.
Dropping my weight I dislodged the tight arms and I twisted throwing myself to the side before surging upward to run.
The impact of large male pushed my body into the ground and I screamed.
A gloved hand covered my mouth and the other hand grabbed my hand that was about to throw a face full of undergrowth at him.
"Yield!" He hissed in my ear.
Damn, I recognised Kier's voice.
I went lax in his hold not saying anything, I couldn't move with him on top of me and needed him to back off if I was going to be able to break free, and believe me I was going to try.
He eased back, sitting on my hips, his body still keeping me pinned down.
"I'm going to let you up August but don't try anything"
Again I remained mute, I wasn't going to lie to him.
He lifted free and stepped back to allow me to rise, I still had a handful of dirt in my grip. I rose to standing and looked round.
"You alone?" I queried raising a brow and looking around.
"They're here, don't worry, just a call away" he said reaching into his pocket.
That was my chance, I threw the dirt in his face and pushed him hard, turning as I heard him fall and running into the darkening forest.
I was wearing dark clothing but hiding wasn't an option, I needed space to plan. I sprinted back along the track weaving in and out of the trees, I could hear shouts behind me and knew they were closing in, all three of them, I ducked round a bend and rapidly climbed the oak tree, I had seen it earlier in my stay here and thought it would be great to climb, I was now praying it would get me clear enough for them to lose me.
I was about 20 feet off the ground when I heard their footsteps and froze, clinging to the main trunk and trying not to make any noise.
Chancing a glance down I could see the top of a dark head but no voices, were they all there?
I craned a little further trying to see what they were doing, but dislodged a small branch which sounded like a brick to me as it fell to the ground below.
I heard the murmur of voices and then Kade said "I'll go that way, speak to the warden, Kier go back to her tent, pack it up, Knox you know what to do"
And I breathed a little sigh of relief as they moved away, I thought the branch had given it away but obviously not if they were leaving.
I stayed in place for another 30 minutes, it was dark now and I hadn't heard any movement since they left, I would have to abandon the tent, I couldn't risk going back for it but if I got to the village I could find a way out.
I slithered down the tree as quietly as I could and carefully searched around before taking a step out from the base towards the path.
A rich dark chuckle stopped me and Knox stepped forward from the path pointing a gun at me.
I raised my hands carefully, looking around not prepared to give up yet.
"Please run, do, I can't wait to bring you down" he growled.
"Knox..." I started wondering if I could appeal to his better side.
"It's just a game, please don't shoot me"
"Too late princess" he said quietly and pulled the trigger.
The tranquilliser dart hit me in my leg, then a second in my arm. I swayed on my feet as he stepped forward to catch me as the drug worked.
"Game over, punishment time" he said smiling as he dipped tossing me over his shoulder and smacking my arse.
He chuckled again as I whimpered before I passed out.