11. Trying

POV Knox
Whilst August was cooking we focused on setting up security, the smaller of the two bedrooms I claimed as the office and set up everything adding the cameras to the system as they were put up, I smiled to myself as I worked, wondering how long it would take my brothers to work out what I had done, there were two bedrooms, a single which we should have given August and the master bedroom which has a very large bed, which could easily hold three as long as August was one of them,
We would take turns monitoring the cameras so only two would sleep at a time, win win.
"Knox?" I heard her calling for me. "In here baby"
She appeared at the door a cup of coffee in hand for me, "how's it going?"
Setting down the cup, I pulled her into my lap and showed her what we had done, she looked over the set up and smiled.
"How are you doing baby" I asked her softly, lifting my hand to stroke the skin along her collar, making her blush and shiver.
"I'm okay...a little scared but okay" she replies.
I tugged at the collar and she fidgeted on my lap, "and about us baby, how are you feeling about us" I lift her chin so I can see into her eyes. I see nerves and excitement
"I want to try this with you all but I don't know what I'm doing, I've never done anything before, I'm scared I'll disappoint you all, that I won't be enough or that I'll come between you all" she whispers nervously.
I pull her closer to me "trust us baby, let us look after you"
She relaxes against me "I'll try" she promises.
POV Kade
Cameras are done and I smile as we walk upstairs to find August on Knox's lap in the smaller bedroom, the equipment set up in front of them showing a complete view around the property and on the approach points.  I glance into the other bedroom and see he has put all the bags in there and it dawns on me why, sneaky but I like it, I point it out to Kier who quickly comes to the same conclusion and smiles.
"Hey" I call moving forward and startling August.
"Shit, dinner!" She shouts jumping off Knox lap and rushing out past us and down the stairs.
I watch her go before turning back to Knox "I see you've solved the bedroom issue, does she know?"
"Not yet, who's taking tonight's watch?"
We all look back to where we last saw her, no one offering first watch
"Rock paper scissors it is then" Kier chuckles and we all nod.
"One two three go.." I call and we all look down at our hands "damn" I groan as they beat me.
"Dinner"
We file out of the room, my brothers smiling towards our woman.
POV August
I watched nervously as they sat down to eat, it was the first time I had cooked for anyone except uncle, and I wanted them to like it, to see I could cook well.
"It's delicious baby" Kier tells me and the other hum in agreement making me smile and settle to eat my own meal.
Once again we kept the conversation neutral and light, before loading the dishwasher up and retreating into the lounge, Kier pulling me down to sit next to him, his arm around me holding me close, I relaxed and snuggled in deeper.
"Baby, we need to tell you about the sleeping arrangements" Knox tells me, watching my face.
"I know, I'm on the couch, you need the little room"
"No baby, you're in the bedroom with us, it's safer" Kier told her.
Knox could see her stiffen against Kier's side "nothing will happen if you don't want it baby, trust us, we will go at your speed" he told me.
"I've got first watch" Kade told her smiling her way before getting to his feet, "there's plenty of room for two of them and you to sleep, I'm going to shower before I start my watch"
She blushed again ducking her head into Kier's side and making him smile down at her, all of us relieved that she was accepting our touches.
"Okay baby, once he's done, we'll get settled too" Kier told her.
"Yes sir," she whispered and we groaned.