Day one (Roman's POV)

TW: slight panic attack.

"Three!" Morality yelled as he and Logic turned their wrists to show their tattoos.

Anxiety and I, however, rolled up our sleeves and- WAIT, WHAT!? WHY DOES ANXIETY HAVE THE SAME TATTOO AS I DO?

Virgil seemed to have noticed our shared marking as well. His chocolate brown eyes widened and became unfocused, his breathing becoming  quick and laboured as well.

But then a sudden, loud squee of happiness came from Patton, causing the anxious trait to flinch back a little. I look over to see Patton nearly strangling Logan in a bone crushing hug, the latter glancing back at me with a mix of slight worry and confusion on his face.

"Uh-oh, feelings," the squashed trait managed to get out. His face darkened a little more as his eyes landed on Anxiety, "Virgil? Are you feeling well?"

Patton quickly released Logan, turning to the now shaking trait, "Virge? What's wrong kiddo?"

"Virgil?" I asked, tentatively reaching out to touch his shoulder. My fingers had just brushed the fabric of his black and purple hoodie when the wide-eyed trait turned sharply and sprinted down the hallway.

"Virge?!" I called out, my hand still hanging in the air after him. I glanced at Patton and Logan, who seemed just as confused as I. "What just happened?"

"I am not completely sure," Logan stated, "but if I had to make a hypothesis, I would say Virgil had a moment of excessive alarm in which the shock of not only having a soulmate, but his soulmate being someone he does not particularly, hmm, see eye to eye with caused him enough panic that it was too much for him handle at the moment."

"Awww! Poor little anxious baby!" cried Patton, "Is he gonna be okay?"

Logan rubbed the back of his neck, "That, I don't know..."

I sighed. "I suppose this is my fault. I was the one who told him negative traits couldn't have a soulmate. Maybe, maybe if he had known that wasn't true..."

"Hey, now don't go blaming yourself, kiddo," Patton said, "you didn't know that either, and he probably would have been more shocked and scared if he hadn't known at all."

I ran my hand through my hair, leaving it to rest at the back of my head, "I, I have to make it up to him, I have to go apologize. I must go now."

I swiftly turned on my heel, quickly making my way to Virgil's room. The dark purple door gave off an eerie, almost anxious aura. It's silver doorknob was cold under my fingers as I called out to the hoodie wearing trait.

"Virgil?" I heard a shaky gasp come from the room, "Virgil are you okay?"

There was no response other than the sound of his breathing getting more ragged. "Virgil, I'm coming in."

I threw open the door and gasped. Virgil was curled up on the floor, hyperventilating into his knees. His hands curled into fists in his hair, and he was so tense it was like he was about to implode.

I rushed over to his side, pulling him into a tight hug. He gasped at the sudden contact but didn't pull away. I carefully removed his hands from his head, fearing he would rip the hair out of his scalp.

"Hey, Virge, it's okay, just breathe with me," I started to breathe slowly and deeply, him following shakily. "That's it, just take it slow, you don't need to rush."

I started to rub small circles on his back as he relaxed. His eyes soon fell closed from exhaustion.

We stayed like that for awhile, gently rocking him in my arms until his breathing came back to normal and he was no longer shaking.

"Roman?"

I looked down at Virgil, surprised that he used my actual name. He looked so small curled up like this. He didn't have his usual sarcastic air about him.

"Yes, Virge?"

"Thanks,"

I smiled a little, brushing the hair from his eyes. He seemed to lean into the touch a bit, his eyes fluttering closed. I just stared at him awhile longer. Is that weird? Well, I don't care, he just looked so peaceful. He didn't look nervous or scared or sarcastic. He looked calm, almost... cute?

Oh, he fell asleep. I carefully, as not to wake the sleeping trait, picked him up bridal-style and moved over to his bed, gently laying him down and pulling the dark sheets over his sleeping figure.

Virgil snuggled closer to his pillow as he slept, a small smile gracing his lips, providing proof of a nice dream.

I crossed his room, heading towards the door. I reached out to open it when I heard a rustling sound from the bed.

"Ro?"

My heart fluttered a bit at the nickname. "Hmm?"

"Thanks again for, uh, helping me..."

I turned around to smile at the anxious trait. "You were panicking, it was the least I could do, especially after yesterday..."

"It's fine, Roman,"

A semi-awkward silence fell between us. I stared at the ground, not daring to meet his eyes. I cleared my throat "I'll be going then... You seem to be tired so..."

"O-oh, uh, y-yeah," a light blush dusted his cheeks.

"Well, sweet dreams, and farewell," I said, quietly closing the door. I heard Virgil shuffle back into the covers of his bed.

I smiled softly to myself. Walking back to my room, I flopped onto the plush gold pillows on my red bedsheets. It was barely noon and so much had happened already. Virgil is my soulmate, and Patton and Logan are each others. But Virge? I can understand Patton and Logan, but me and Virgil? There's no way. Not a chance.

No.

I was broken out of my thoughts by something opening my door. I stared at the ajar door, wondering what had opened it.

My question was answered only a second later when a small orange-brown dog bound onto my bed.

My eyes widened in joy and surprise. The small pup was so cute! But, we never, ever had dogs in the Mind Palace.

Suddenly, a loud crash came from Logan's room.