Day three (Roman's POV)

After Patton forced me to take some pain medication, and had gotten me a shirt, there was a familiar knock at the door. It was the secret knock between me and the kids.

"Er, should I go see who's at the door?" Patton asked.

"Oh, um, it's the kids, we have a secret knock," I explained, "but yes, by all means let them in."

Patton smiled brightly and bounded over to the door. Pranks, Missy, and Imaj all ran over to the side of my bed. The youngest actually jumped up and hugged me.

"Virgil told us all about how you defeated the Dragon-Witch!" Imaj said, "you're so brave, Ro-Ro! You aren't scared of anything!"

"Well, actually, I was really scared," I whispered like I was telling them a big secret.

They gasped, eyes wide.

"No way!" Pranks said, "What were you scared of?"

I chuckled, "I was scared of a lot of things, Virgil being hurt, the Dragon-Witch escaping! Having that beast try to take over the Mind Palace!"

"Woah!" Missy said, "but Vee said you were really brave! He didn't say you were scared."

"Well I was brave," I told them, "but being brave doesn't mean not having fears, it means overcoming your fears, and saving the day!"

I started tickling Imaj, who was still on the bed, and he shrieked in laughter. Then the other kids started laughing. Then I joined. Then Patton too. Until we were a huge mess of giggles and smiles.

Logan opened the door with Virgil close behind him. The logical trait gave a small smirk, "am I interrupting something?"

"Uh, no not at all," I smiled.

He hummed, "good, is it alright if I checked up on you?"

"Of course," I responded. I turned to the kids, "I think you're gonna have to leave now."

They whined in disappointment. I set Imaj on the ground next to the other kids, much to his displeasure.

"I don't wanna leave," the youngest said stubbornly.

"Yeah, me neither," Missy piped up.

(Omg, Bohemian Rapsody just came on and I'm dying... anyway, back to the story)

"Hey gremlins and squirt, why don't we go play Mario kart?" Virgil spoke up from the back of room.

"Nah, I don't want to today," Pranks said.

"Why?" The anxious trait challenged, "scared I'll beat you?"

Pranks and Missy whirled around.

"No way!"

"You're on!"

They raced out of the room together. It always seems like those two were inseparable. Attached at the hip some would say.

Virgil was about to leave, but noticed Imaj still by my bed.

"You coming squirt?" He asked.

The little one shook his head, "I wanna stay." He gave a quick glance to Logan, "i-if that's okay."

(I just got g-noted... I'm not okay (I promise) )

"I see no problem with it," Logan said, "Roman?"

I smile, "it's fine with me, Little Prince."

His face breaks into a smile so bright it could rival Patton's.

"Thank you Ro-Ro!"

~time skip~

"Okay, I think that's all," Logan finally said after what felt like hours, "just be sure to not exert yourself too much for the next couple days, alright?"

"Yes, mother," I responded, earning a giggle from the child in Patton's lap.

So far, Logan checked my wounds, gave me strict bed rest, and lectured me on how dangerous it was to charge off like that and I could have been killed and blah, blah, blah. He's given me this speech every time I come home from slaying a Dragon-Witch. But this time he said something unexpected.

"Roman, I was scared,"

W-what? My eyes widened. Logan, Mr. Emotions-are-the-bane-of-my-existance was scared?

"I'm scared every time you come home covered in blood and bruses!" He nearly yells, "and this time Virgil got hurt too! What happens when you find something you can't kill by yourself! What then Roman! What then! You can't protect everyone if you're dead! What would Thomas do? He needs you! You don't just represent creativity! You represent confidence! Spirit! His love of Disney and theater! You are a part of Thomas we couldn't live without!" Logan paused, then hung his head, "You got lucky yesterday, Roman. So very, very lucky."

A heavy silence fell over the room. I didn't know what to say. How could I respond to that? How?

"L-lo?"

The logical trait quickly wiped his eyes, "y-yes Patton?"

Patton took Logan's hand in his own, "I think it would be best to let Roman get some rest."

Logan nodded and let the fatherly trait guide him and Imaj to the door.

"Logan," I called. He stopped in the doorway, "I-I'm sorry..."

His shoulders rose as he took a breath, "I accept your apology," he paused again, "and yes, I suppose I am the mother of this group."

Logan turned and gave me a small smile, then turned off the light and closed the door, leaving me in semi-darkness. I smiled in the direction he had left. As much as me and the nerd argue, we do care for each other. We all do. Even Virgil.

Speaking of Tomorrow-always-dies, Logan said he had gotten hurt. Was he just talking about the drowning? Or was it something different? I winced at the thought. No, Virgil would be alright. If he wasn't he wouldn't have gone and played games with the kids, right? Right?

But... what if he wasn't? What if he damaged his lungs or got hurt in some other way? What if- No. No, Virgil is fine. Ha, I can almost hear him, "hey, Princy, worrying is my job." That idiot. I give a small laugh. It's almost like he thinks he's the only one able to feel negative emotions.

I wonder if he's happy with us now. I hardly ever see his gorgeous smile. I've only heard his laugh once. It was like silver bells ringing at Christmas. And how his eyes light up- WAIT. Am I... in love... with VIRGIL!?

No, no way! ...no?