Day two (Patton's POV)

Logan and I fell asleep the previous night all cuddled up together as dogs. The only thing that changed when I woke up the next morning was that we were back in our normal bodies.

My face was buried in Logan's shoulder and his chin was resting on the top of my head. His arms were wrapped loosely around my shoulders, so I couldn't move without waking the logical trait. And I didn't want to do that, he looked too cute!

"Well aren't you two an absolutely despicable couple," a smooth voice whispered.

I looked up slightly to see Decite leaning on the door frame, smirking a little at us. I smiled back at him, motioning for him to be quiet. He shook his head and headed back inside.

I turned my attention back to Logan. The slow rise and fall of his chest. The small tilt of his glasses. And most importantly the small smile that graced his lips.

I wrapped my arms around his middle and snuggled closer. The smell of morning dew washed over us as we layed on the porch.

Logan stirred, his eyes fluttering open.

"Morning, Lo," I whispered, not wanting to break the comfortable silence.

He hummed in response. The logical trait then sat up, rubbing his eyes and straightening his glasses. He looked absolutely ADORABLE!

I continued to lay on my back, staring up at my soulmate. Logan gazed right back into my eyes. We slowly got closer and closer, until I was propped up on my elbows and he was leaning on his hands. Our faces were inches apart then-

"Dad!"

Logan and I jumped apart quickly, both of us blushing like crazy. I looked around for whoever whisper-yelled and saw Pranks and Missy giggling up a storm. They were carrying string and a bucket filled with confetti.

"Wha-what are you up to, kiddos?" I asked, calming down a little.

Missy shushed me and pointed at Roman and Virgil asleep on the whicker swing, "we're gonna pull a prank on them."

"Not harmful I hope,"

The kids shook their heads.

"Well okay then!" I said, keeping my voice, somewhat, quiet.

The kids faces brightened as they ran off to set up the prank. I chuckled at their antics.

Logan's stomach growled, making me turn to him. He sheepishly wrapped his arms around his middle. I chuckled.

"You want some breakfast Lo?"

Logan nodded, "y-yes, that would be adequate,"

I smiled, jumping up and grabbing his wrist, pulling him back into the Mind Palace. I head straight for the kitchen and start cooking up some omelets, five to be egg-xact. One for me, one for Logan, and one for each of the kids.

Speaking of the kids, Pranks and Missy run in, throwing leftover confetti at each other.

"Hey, kiddos! Breakfast!" I call after them.

"Okay Dad!" They answered, running to the table.

They plop down next to where Logan was sitting, already eating and sipping his coffee. They dug in with various 'Thanks' and 'It's so good'.

Imaj came in soon after and ran to his breakfast after saying 'Hi' giving me a hug.

We talked and chatted about things. Logan discovered a new book that he found interesting. Pranks and Missy were telling Imaj all about the crazy things they got up to, including the prank on Roman and Virgil. We were having a nice time.

Then I heard someone teleport inside the Mind Palace. I stood up, telling the others I'd be right back. But I nearly screamed when I saw the state the 'someone's' were in.

(Logan's POV)

T.W.: blood, medical equipment/ terminology (Edit: If I see a joke similar to "Oh nO tErmInoLogY!!1!", I will delete it. I'm sick of people (unintentionally) making fun of triggers.)

After the rather delectable omelette Patton cooked for breakfast, someone, I assumed Roman and Virgil, teleported in.

"I'll be right back!" Patton chirped gleefully as he left the room.

"Roman! Virgil! There you- ohmygodwhathappenedtoyoutwo!" Patton nearly screamed.

I rushed over to see what had made Patton have that extreme of a reaction. I saw Virgil, who was completely soaked and looked to be on the verge of a panic attack, and Roman...

Roman was unconscious on the floor bleeding from three large gashes.

I rushed over to his side, taking off the remains of his shredded shirt. The largest wound ripped across his chest, reaching from his left shoulder to just under his right ribs. That's where it was bleeding the most.

Bright red blood spilled out in time to Roman's heartbeat, short and fast. He had nicked one of his arteries.

I summoned gauze and pressed it to the subcoastal artery under his twelfth rib, stemming the blood. The bright crimson soon seeped through the gauze. I summoned more and packed it in onto the wound.

After a few minutes I carefully lifted the gauze. The bleeding stopped. I breathed a sigh of relief and summoned a needle and polypropylene thread. I stitch the first gash with a continuous stitch. I tape on more gauze over the stitches.

I move to the next wound on Roman's right shoulder. It wasn't as deep as the other, but it still needed to be stitched. 

The last cut was on his left bicep. Thankfully, this one wasn't quite deep enough to warrant stitches, so I just had to tape gauze over it.

Then I was done. Roman was stable. Unconscious, yes, but stable and alive.

That's when I noticed a wet warmth on my face. I quickly wiped the blood, Roman's blood, off my hands, grimacing as I did so. I reached up to get rid of the wetness on my face. I was... crying?

"L-logan?"

I look up to see a tear-stained Patton in the doorway.

"Is R-roman gonna be okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "yes, Roman should be fine, how's Virgil?"

It was Patton's turn to nod, "he had a panic attack... Then he calmed down and I made him some tea and got him his favorite blanket. He's sitting on the couch now." Patton paused, "he's really worried Lo."

"I know," I said, standing up, "can you help me take Roman to his room? Then we can check with Virgil and make sure he's okay."

Patton nodded and we carefully carried the creative trait to his room, laying him on his bed. Patton took an extra minute to make sure he was comfortable before we left.

Then there was a crash from the living room. Patton whispered one word before sprinting in that direction.

"Virgil..."

Oh no.