Day five (Virgil's POV)

T.W.: cursing, crying, Deceit mentioned, self harm (at the end)

The next morning I was in Princy's room, after he begged me not to leave last night. I didn't sleep though. Deceit disappeared after his little stunt. I thought he was warming up, but he's still just a conniving little snake.

Images of what he showed me yesterday flashed through my head. Deceit shifting into a Dragon-Witch. Him killing Roman. But the worst was his taunting.

"You can't do anything!"

"You could have stopped him from fighting!"

"It's your fault!"

"You will always be The Bad Guy!"

The Bad Guy. It's been so long since I've heard those words. I'm not always The Bad Guy... right? I-I've gotten better? I-I'm not useless? I c-can help...? I-I'm not...

Tears hit the pillow silently. I curled in on myself, trying not to wake Roman up with my shaking. I choked back a sob.

"Virge?" Shit.

I held back another sob.

"Virge, Virgil, hey, hey, it's okay, you're okay, it wasn't real, it was just Deceit," Roman pressed his forehead to mine, "none of it was real, Virge, I'm here, it's okay,"

I clung to his shirt as tears rolled down my face. He gently wiped the salty liquid away, kissing the tip of my nose. I felt something slip over my ears, and a moment later Car Radio comes flowing through the headphones. I took a shaky breath and Roman pulled me closer.

When the song finished, I slipped the headphones off. I sighed and layed my head on Princy's chest.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked, still holding me. I shook my head. He gave me a squeeze, "Okay,"

Roman pressed a kiss on my freshly dyed hair. (Writing this on the day Thomas re-dyed his hair. He's back to purple!!!) We cuddled in silence. I focused his heartbeat, the steady sound helping to ground me further.

"Would you like me to bring you some breakfast?" Roman asked after a while.

I nodded, "yeah,"

He kissed me once more, then headed out of the room. I curled up against the headboard and hugged one of Roman's gold-and-white pillows. I noticed all the paintings and drawings hung up all over his walls. Most of them were Disney related, but a few of them were pictures of us. Me, Patton, Logan and even Thomas.

I set the pillow down and crawled off the bed. I stopped in front of one of the paintings. It was of me, sitting in the bench-swing with rain and a sunset behind me. It was beautiful.

"Do you like it?"

I jumped and whirled around to see Roman standing in the doorway, holding two bowls of oatmeal. He chuckled and set the bowls down.

"Sorry, love," he said.

I sighed, "it's fine, Ro," I looked back at the painting, "it's really nice, when did you have time to paint this?"

"Yesterday, before you woke up,"

"Hmm," I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Do you draw?" Roman asked.

I laughed, "I have the artistic skills of a toddler on caffeine."

"But what about the card you gave Patton last Christmas? That was very well drawn."

"I... had a little help with that," I admitted.

"Well, you didn't come to me, you couldn't go to Patton, so that leaves," Roman gasped, "Logan helped you?!"