Day three (Virgil's POV)

Wow! 1k reads, that's incredible! Thank you so much, I'm happy you're enjoying it!

~~~

Water. Drowning. Pain. Darkness. It was so cold. It surrounded me. I'm terrified, thrashing around, screaming, crying. I see a figure. Red and white.

Roman.

"Virgil..." He said, his voice echoing. Blood started blossoming against white.

"R-roman! I'm s-sorry! I'm so, so sorry!"

"Virgil... Virgil, Virgil!"

"Virge!"

I sat bolt upright in my chair. Tears were streaming down my face. It was a dream... But it felt so real.

"Virge?"

I look up to see Roman. He was awake and was staring at me in concern.

"Virgil, are you okay?" He asked.

I threw my arms around him and nodded.

"I'm s-so sorry, Ro," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"No, Virgil, I should be the one who's sorry," Roman said, pushing me away slightly to look me in the face, "I wasn't quick enough to save you, and you nearly died-"

"But so did you!" I interrupted. I looked him in the eye, "Roman, what happened after I... after I went under?"

He seemed to freeze for a second. He glanced at his sheets before looking at me again. He sighed.

"After you went under... I froze. I failed to get to you in time and I froze. Then the Dragon-Witch caught me and pinned me to the ground and c-clawed at me. But then I had the chance to slay it and I did and then I pulled you out and then I guess you know the rest."

I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded. Princy reached up to wipe away the tears drying on my cheeks.

"So you killed it?" I asked, chocking on my words, "it's gone?"

He nodded, "yeah, Virge, it's gone,"

I sighed in relief, letting my head hit the bed again, "Hey Prince not-so-Charming?"

I heard Princy hum in acknowledgement.

"Don't ever scare me like that again."

Princy chuckled. We sat in silence for a while, just listening to each others breathing. It was comfortable. We didn't have to talk or move around, only stay there in the moment. Just stay and be happy we were alive.

I was about to drift off when someone came in. I lifted my head a couple inches to see Patton carrying a tray. His face broke into a huge smile when he saw Princy had woken up.

"Hey, kiddos, how are you feeling?" Patton asked, quietly setting down the tray. It had two cups, a pitcher of water, and some pain medication.

"I'm okay, Patton," Princy said, "a little thirsty and sore, but happy to be alive, and that Virgil is okay."

He gave me a small smile, which I returned.

"That's good," Patton said, "oh, and Virge, Logan wants to make sure you're okay, he's in his room."

I nodded, "okay, thanks Pat."

I got up and walked out, leaving Patton to overprotectively dote over Princy. I closed the door behind me and headed over to Logan's room. I was halfway there when I heard someone call my name. Seconds later I was tackled to the ground by three little bodies.

"Virgil! Are you and Roman okay?!"

"What happened?!"

"Is the Dragon-Witch gone?!"

"Woah, woah, slow down, one at a time," I told the kids.

"Are you okay?" Pranks asked, "yesterday we heard Patton yell and then Logan ran off. We were gonna follow him but Decite stopped us and started telling us story's-"

"He tells really funny ones," Imaj interups.

"Yeah, but then we asked Patton and Logan what happened and they wouldn't tell us and said to leave you and Roman alone for a bit!" Pranks finished.

"Oh, well," I said, sitting up. I looked around at all their faces. I lowered my voice a bit for dramatic effect,. "there was a huge Dragon-Witch in the imagination, a hundred feet tall! And Princy and I fought it."

The kids looked up at me in wonder as I told them the epic tale of defeating the Dragon-Witch. Skipping over some details, of course. I told them how Princy quickly found out how to kill it and saved me from its treacherous claws before finally slaying it. Heh, it was almost as dramatic as Princy himself.

"We were so tired when we got back we didn't want to be disturbed, so Logan and Patton let us rest," I said, ending the story.

"Wow!" Pranks said.

"You and Roman are awful-" Missy started, "-ly amazing! You brave people!"

I start laugh along with them, but it soon turns to pained coughing. The kids look at me with concern.

"You okay, Vee?" Imaj asked.

"Er, yeah, I'm just gonna go see Logan," I said. I stood up silently and continued walking to Logan's room.

My chest ached from the strain of working my lungs to hard. I held my blanket closer to me as I knocked on Logan's door. It was dark bluish-indigo, completely uniform in colour. Very much like Logan himself. No sooner than I thought that, the said trait opened the door.

"Ah, Virgil, please come in," Logan said.

The inside of his room was the same shade of blue as the door, save for one wall that was white. There was a dark stained desk that held a stack of papers and a computer. On the opposite wall was a huge bookcase that took up the entire space. His bed was covered with black sheets and white pillows. On the ceiling was an accurate, moving map of the solar system. The entire room was lit by lights placed in the corners. It was... not what I expected from Logan.

"So, why did you want to see me?" I asked as he closed the door.

"I just wanted to ask you a few questions," he answered, "to make sure you didn't permanently damage your respiratory system."

"Oh... kay?" I said, "shoot."

The 'smart' trait blinked, "but I don't have a gun?"

I rolled my eyes, "it's an expression, it means ask your questions."

"Oh, I see," Logan said, straightening his glasses, "shall we begin then?"

I sigh, "No point in saying no..."