Chapter 4 ~ Walks, Talks, Fights and Handstands

The beginning of fifth year flew by faster than the Gryffindor students studying for their O.W.L.'s would've liked.

As the end of April came to a close all the O.W.L. students became extremely frustrated with the constant reminders of the exams at the end of the year that the teachers seemed to think they had forgotten.

Lily was walking out of the Great Hall after lunch with Marlene and Alice beside her, slightly irritated by James Potter who had cast a spell to make her food spell "Go out Evans?" on her plate. This wouldn't have bothered Lily usually, and she would have shrugged it off with a sassy comment like she always did, but Sirius had to call attention to it and make a big spectacle out of it which embarrassed her because she ended up covered in food with 'Potter' scrawled across her forehead in sauce. Needless to say it had been an eventful lunch, made even more eventful when non other than Severus Snape tapped her on the shoulder as she entered the Entrance Hall.

Both Marlene and Alice looked annoyed, they worked hard to hide their dislike for him, for Lilys sake, but it was a difficult task as they couldn't help but think he was going to hurt their friend.

"Severus?" Lily greeted, turning around surprised. They hadn't spoken in a long while and lately, whenever they did speak, it was usually in argument.

"Lily I was wondering if I could talk to you? Alone?"

Lily was about to reply but Marlene interrupted her. "She's quite busy sorry." She used a sweet voice but it was forced and her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Ya," Alice said, "We have to get to class." Both girls slid they're arms through Lily's and began walking but Lily stopped them.

"Hold on guys, two seconds." She turned around. "What's up Sev?"

"I want to talk to you."

"I have class now I'm sorry." Lily sighed.

"When so?" He asked irritated.

Lily pursed her lips, annoyed at his tone. "I have a free next. I'll meet you here then?"

Severus nodded and turned on his heel.

"You really shouldn't Lils" Marlene said.

"It'll be fine" Lily assured her friends.

After charms Lily waited in the Entrance Hall. After 10 minutes she was about to leave when Severus finally showed up.

"Let's go." He said bluntly.

Lily was annoyed he didn't even apologise for being late but shrugged it off and followed him outside.

Once they were outside Lily turned to Severus. "What's up?"

Severus headed towards the courtyard as he replied. "You never talk to me anymore?"

Lily was slightly taken aback but quickly replied. "What do you mean? I'm talking to you right now."

"Ya but I had to come to you for a conversation. If you were my friend you'd talk to me. And now you spend all your time with those Gryffindor's." He said sourly.

Lily gritted her teeth, annoyed at the way he sounded like a whiney, spoiled child.

"Your more than capable of talking to me too Sev. As I recall I was the one who initiated our last conversation, which you turned into an argument and then left. I'm sorry if I haven't rushed to repeat the experience. Also I am a Gryffindor, as are most of my friends. So I'm going to spend time with them when you're off with your 'friends'".

"And what's wrong with my friends?" He asked defensively.

"They're horrible Severus. I don't know how you don't see it."