Chapter One: The Crosswalk

Published 4.17.18, 11:01 PM

Words: 1300

I Hope You Guys Enjoy!

Marienette Dupain-Cheng.

Adrien Agreste.

A daughter of a baker and a son of a wealthy fashion designer. Who would know they would be the perfect match made in heaven? For generations after their own time, their grandchildren and their grandchildren's children would be blinded by the intensities of their ancestors' love, all these years later....

But I'm getting ahead of myself. It all began like every morning during Marinette's typical day: anxious, but full of hope.

"Marinette! You'll be late for school again!" Cried her mother, Sabine from below her room; or, rather, the attic.

Rubbing the crustiness from her blue, curious, but now squinted eyes, Marinette glances at her red and blaring alarm clock next to her cot. 7:56, the clock announces. Only minutes before the first bell rings.

Marinette became wide-eyed, and slapped the thin covers from off of herself, tangling her feet in the blanket. She trips a couple times, Like usual, she thinks. Gathering her day clothes from her chair, she quickly changes and grabs her books and a banana for the road. Kissing her mother on the cheek, she dashes out of the small baker's house, simultaneously peeling her slightly green banana and smoothing out her hair.

Crossing the street carefully, Marinette glances the familiar glint of Adrien's car. Or, rather, the "Gorilla's" car. Although Adrien would never call his personal body guard Gorilla to his face or in front of his friends, he finds it a tad bit humorous. (It's obvious Adrien doesn't get out much.)

Marinette pauses mid-step while staring at the blinding silver of the incredibly expensive vehicle, her mind analyzing every move Adrien makes while he crawls out of the car.

His hand gripping around the door handle, pulling it towards himself. Pushing the heavy door towards the sidewalk, and carefully placing one sneaker-enveloped foot onto the white concrete, followed by the other. He pushed himself out, laying his left hand onto the frame of the car door to steady himself, and allowing the sun to caress his back. He shouldered his messenger bag full of physics homework and other school-related papers, shutting the door shut with a soft bang.

Subconsciously glancing around the area of anyone he knew, particularly Nino, his best friend, Adrien discovers Marinette, her hand on her coin purse to her left, her right hand dangling with a half-eaten banana, dangerously close to slipping from her fingers. Adrien, thinking to be polite, waves with a small smile, letting it creep to his eyes, turning more into a smirk than a grin.

Why is she just standing in the road? Adrien asks himself while still waving, allowing a small bit of worry to show in his blond eyebrows. I hope she stays safe....

Marinette snaps out of her daze, finally comprehending that her all-time crush just waved at her! She squeals just loud enough for the surrounding birds to fly away in annoyance, but Adrien didn't notice. She waves back quickly before he walks gloriously towards the school, his lean and perfect body moving in absolute unity.

Marinette hugged her cheeks tight, basking in the moment. Although it was only a small exchange, she knew she would be daydreaming of it all the same.

She continued to stare at her crush, admiring his movements for a few more seconds.

"Marinette!" Tikki exclaimed. Unconsciously ignoring her bright pink kwami, Marinette only sighed, smiling. "Marinette, you're in danger! Move out of the road!" Before she could comprehend Tikki's words, Marinette heard the roar of a race car's engine and the wailing of police sirens, the wheels screeching on the black road. A gray race car appeared out of an abandoned street, gaining speed right towards Marinette. Her eyes grew wider as the car sped faster, five cop cars on the driver's tail.

The driver glanced frantically around the area, for a spot to escape, and saw a street straight ahead of him, almost begging him to drive down it. He abused the gas pedal, his engine attempting to keep up with the commands of its driver. A girl was in his way, but hey, it's her fault for getting in his way.

Nearly coming to a close to the pig-tailed Marinette, a shout was heard from her left. The car couldn't have been less than 20 feet (6 meters) away from her before a body slams into hers, sending both companies onto the sidewalk.

The six collective cars, criminal and policeman, flew past them as Marinette began to collect herself. Someone had their arms wrapped around her tightly when they fell to the oncoming and welcoming ground, but the warm and muscular arms soon loosened as the screeching of tires and screams of brakes became more distant.

The hands of Marinette's rescuer cradled her shoulders after the company's rough landing onto the concrete curb. She heard a grunt, and opened her eyes, rigidly moving her arms from her face to brace the impact of the runaway criminal in his gray car. Her eyes adjust to the sudden change in scenery, first noticing that the sun was partially blocked by long strands of golden hair, creating a beautiful lacy effect on the baby blue atmosphere.

A quick and sharp smell of fancy and aged cheese settled into her senses, inviting her back to reality. Focusing closer to the subject at hand (or rather, at embrace), Marinette finds her rescuer attempting to push himself away from the ground, his arms between Marinette's shoulders.

Grimacing, Adrien stands, an intense and sharp pain in his beautifully crafted hands. He glances down at his palms, which were both penetrated with pebbles and dirt from the curb. Mixed with the grime was black-tinted blood, slowly creeping down to his wrists. Adrien focuses on Marinette, who was still regaining her surroundings. He wipes his hands on his designer jeans from his father's company, silently agreeing to a night full of verbal barrage for tainting the perfection of the Gabriel Agreste brand and family name.

Adrien puts on a small smile, lightly wincing from the sensitive skin scraping against the rough fabric. "Marinette!" Adrien began. "I'm sorry for pushing you. I couldn't just sit by with you in trouble. Are you hurt?"

Marinette glanced up at his (in her opinion) angelic voice, and manages, "A-Adrien? You're the one who pushed me out of the way?" She processed his question after a moment, "Oh! Yeah--Yes, I'm okay. Thank you, by the way. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

Adrien offered his not-so-messed-up hand to the girl on the curb, and after a moment's pause, she gently places her hand into his, a perfect balance for her to stand up with.

"Oh, it was nothing," replied the model. "That wasn't nothing! You saved my life!" The girl exclaimed, surprised by his modesty. When she let go of Adrien's hand hesitantly, she noticed blood on his masculine but beautiful hands. She grabbed his hands, face-up, examining them intently.

"Well, I suppose you could help me to the nurse," Adrien smirked, but grimaced as the blood began to dry and cracked his raw skin. "O-of course!" Marinette burst as she let his hands fall gently to his sides. She noticed his blood-stained jeans, and how contrasting it was to the usual perfection of the color, frame, cut, and body of the clothing Adrien is told to wear. A splash of color among the pastel of Adrien Agreste was quite beautiful.

Plagg poked his black head out of the side of Adrien's messenger bag, which Marinette picked up, and winked with a Cheshire Cat-like grin at his chosen master. Adrien smiled knowingly.

"Let's look both ways this time," Adrien snickered as Marinette shouldered his messenger bag, which landed not too far from Marinette's half-eaten unripe banana.

Should I continue the story? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for the read!