Chapter Thirteen: Mornings

Published: 9.26.18
Words: 2485

{ i'm going to eat my shoes i have so much homework but i love this fic so i'm going to write this instead of a thesis!! }

Adrien crawled out of bed hesitantly, dreading the day ahead of him. Plagg had fallen asleep on the pillow next to his with his paw in his bulging stomach. Adrien glanced at the small pile of cheese wrappers in the trash can, caused by his kwami.

If he weren't so cute, I would've kicked him out the first day, Adrien thought, jokingly. He meandered toward the bathroom, memories of Ladybug and Lila fighting over him a few weeks previous. That's the first and probably last time he had a girl in his room who he like-likes. Chloe had always been invited either by her father or Adrien's parents to a "play-date" when they were little, and they always had fun; even if Chloe had to leave early because her teddy bear had somehow gotten dirty or she lost at hide-and-go-seek.

As he washed his hair, he thought about who Ladybug is in real life. Does she wear pigtails outside of battle? I don't know many people who wear pigtails like that, except maybe children, but Ladybug can pull it off well. How old is she, anyway? Adrien recalled Ladybug mentioning her high school classes one day. Oh man, I hope she isn't a senior! Then she'll be way out of my league!

Adrien grunted as he dried his golden hair roughly with his towel. Glancing up at the mirror, he stared into his own green eyes with messy golden hair and a furrowed brow. A spitting image of his counterpart, just without the mask. How can people not see that I'm Chat Noir? It's plain as day, Adrien asked himself as he began blow drying and shaping his hair. Although it's the same length as his alter-ego's mane, the difference is staggering when he puts effort into his looks.

Plagg yawned loudly before smacking his lips, and flying over to the mini fridge under Adrien's desk that contained his life-source: fancy cheeses. Adrien threw on his black striped tee before shooting his arms through the white collared shirt. Shoving his feet into the orange shoes with the family logo emblazoned in the sides, Adrien glanced at the clock. 6:17 AM. He stopped struggling with his shoe laces, and sat, defeated.

Two hours before class begins, and he's almost out the door.

Sighing loudly, the model tossed his shoes off and sprawled onto his bed. The sun hadn't even peeked over the horizon. Plagg stuffed his mouth with a couple of wheels before he flew over to Adrien. "Mornin', kid. When are we leaving?"

"We're not. Look at the clock," Adrien said, dejected.

Plagg floated eye level to the red clock, now showing 6:19 AM. He turned back to his wielder, puzzled. "What's wrong with the clock?"

Adrien grunted. "There's nothing wrong with the clock, but it's the time of the morning that I'm mad about."

Plagg quietly said "Ohh," before looking at the time again. 6:20 AM. "Time is just a construct, anyway. What's the issue?"

Adrien didn't answer because he had already fallen back asleep.

Plagg sighed and threw a light blanket on top of his Chosen. Adrien began snoring as most of his face was obscured by the white pillow. Plagg floated down onto the next closest pillow, and curled up comfortably. He wasn't tired, after all, because time is merely an illusion; so Plagg studied his Holder, from the tired eyes to the sunshine hair. The kwami thought about that girl in Adrien's class whose alter-ego is his Owner's partner. If there wasn't magic surrounding their identities and the kwami discussing them, Plagg would have let Adrien know right away, whether on purpose or because he had slipped up. He'd do anything to be back with Tikki again, just as long as Paris and their Holders were safe, resulting in Adrien knowing everything if Plagg had his way.