Chapter Fifteen: Finally Figuring It Out

Published: 9.29.18

Words: 2515

>3< enjoy babes

"Did that really just happen?"

Nino knew no one would answer him, but what else could there be said? Marinette -- no, Ladybug -- just transformed in front of them, and jumped away to save Paris. He was relatively surprised, to put it simply.

The three remaining were still slumped against the smelly trash bin. Adrien held his chest with his left hand; Alya couldn't stop staring at the empty space where Marinette stood only seconds ago; and Nino. Nino was dumbfounded, of course, but once he thought about it, it made sense. 

Marinette always stood up for what was right, even if her actions would have put her in detention with Mr. Damocles. She would run to the bathroom whenever an akuma appeared, making him think she just had a bad bladder. Marinette disappeared when Ladybug would show up at convenient times. Nino had always wondered how Ladybug knew there was an akuma at their school right when it would appear. His mind placed the last piece into the seemingly impossible puzzle; in actuality, when Nino stepped back, the puzzle was of utmost simplicity.

Way down the long streets of Paris,Miss Margarine was heard calling to Ladybug to hand her the miraculous earrings. Ladybug refused politely in an attempt to calm the woman, but the akumatized victim persisted with renewed vigor. 

Adrien grunted quietly. He had a new expression: determination. Nino watched as Adrien unfurled from his sitting position to a low crouch. He removed his messenger bag from his shoulder, grabbed something out of it, and handed it to Nino. "I'm sorry, too. I need to help her," the model said solemnly. Nino grabbed the bag with his left hand, right hand on Alya's shoulder. The couple stared at their friend as he called on his kwami. The black doll-sized being flew into his silver ring, which Nino now noticed he never took off, and a black swarm of magic surrounded Adrien, transforming his best friend into the second half of the pair of heroes.

Adrien?! Marinette?! Who's next, Alya?!

By now, Nino's mind was completely blown, and Alya had passed out into his arms.

* * * * *

Adrien tried not to look at his friends who loved him, did life with him, and trusted him. As soon as his transformation finished, he flew out of the alley with his baton to the top of a building next to them. He hated to disappoint anyone, especially those he loved. Adrien hoped that they would forgive him later; but right now he had a fight he was missing, and a certain Bug to help.

He spotted the insect-themed hero on the food-ridden street, a crazed villain in an apron running towards her with a grenade in her hand. Adrien's instincts moved him into action. He cried loudly to distract the woman, but Miss Margarine was completely controlled by Hawk Moth. Chat Noir extended his baton to the street, cutting off the akumatized victim from her target. In her blind anger to catch the earrings, she ran head-on into the pole, while also slipping on some mustard. She fell down like Goliath, and she didn't attempt to stand back up. 

Chat Noir descended down towards his partner. Ladybug stared him down with fury. She began bombarding him with accusations and questions as to why he was so late. Chat Noir tried not to justify his actions until the battle was over. He meandered over towards the victim who was beginning to gain consciousness. He called, "Cataclysm," and destroyed the most obvious item on the woman: the black hair net. It dissolved into dust, revealing a black moth. Chat Noir stepped back so Ladybug could continue to purify the akuma. Once she let the moth go out of her yo-yo, she looked at Chat Noir puzzlingly. He understood her anger towards him, and he intended on answering her questions.