Chapter Nine: Bubonique

Published: June 11, 2018

Words: 2602

{ i've had four hours of sleep,, , . . this fanfic is eating at my soul }

"... And then Marinette jumped ten feet into the air, and landed on the attacker before spraying him with her mace, completely melting his face off! I'm telling you two, that girl must be taking secret jiu-jitsu lessons between helping the homeless and basically running the bakery." Marinette walked into the living room, hands still damp from washing up in the restroom. She cleared her throat, causing her friends to jump.

"I'm not so sure all that is true, Alya," Marinette glided to her seat across from Adrien, who had taken off his leather jacket and unbuttoned his shirt to reveal a black v-neck. He seemed casual, like he belonged there. A warmness was sensed from the homey atmosphere that only a loving family could create, and he never wanted to leave.

From the many tall tales of Marinette's feats and selfless acts, Adrien was all the more reminded of a certain cute superhero donning a polka-dot suit. He couldn't stop grinning like an idiot, and Alya was sure to notice. She's mature and selfless like Ladybug, and she's just as smart. If I squint really hard, and unfocus my sight... Adrien performed his experiment, catching a few odd looks.

"Did you enjoy the dinner, Adrien?" Marinette interjected. He focused without squinting dumbly, and answered, "Yeah, it was better than anything my personal cook could've made!" Marinette's features had no change. I had meant the company with the desserts, but Adrien seems spaced-out tonight.

Nino elbowed Adrien, who only gave a quizzical glance until he realized the real question behind on whether the dinner was enjoyable or not. They all knew that the Dupain-Cheng bakery had the best desserts in all of Paris, and Marinette had heard that enough before.

"...But the company was even sweeter," he swiftly added with his dumb grin. Marinette's frame froze completely, her eyes bulging and breath stopping. She stammered quietly. Alya laughed, "I think you broke her, Adrien!" Marinette's best friend began chuckling heartily, infecting the rest of the group with giggles.

"Th-Thank you," Marinette managed. "Alya, shut your cake hole!" More laughter. "You too, Nino! You're both toast!" Alya has fallen off of the couch, gripping her stomach and wheezing.

Adrien decided to hold his own in this pun battle. "Let's not be salty with each other! This could go on for flours."

Nino chimed in between bursts of laughter, "This is perfectly fine, Adrien. I'm in no curry to get home!" That had done it. The four teens were in a continuous cacophony of laughter. When they seemed to have recovered, Marinette wiped tears from her eyes.

Adrien then realized that he hadn't checked up on Plagg for a good two hours. It seemed that every minute or so the kwami demanded some sort of fancy cheddar, claiming that he had been starving. "Hey, Marinette, where's the closest restroom?" Nino laughed again. Adrien was confused.

"Why's that so funny, Nino?" He said, laughing himself.

"Did you laugh so hard you accidentally pee yourself, Agreste?" Nino wheezed through smiling lips. Adrien chuckled sarcastically. "That's none of your business, Lahiffe." The group giggled again, before Marinette stood from her seat. "I'll show you. Follow me," she gestured towards the staircase against the wall.

The couple climbed the stairs into Marinette's pink-hued room, the walls bare of any photos or posters. She checked inside her restroom for any rogue clothing or uncleanliness, found none too remarkable, then motioned for the model to head on in. He flashed her a grateful smile, then closed the pink door behind him, making sure to lock it discreetly.