Chapter Eleven: We're Even

Published: June 29th, 2018

Words: 2648

{ heyo my brother is getting married this weekend and i'm staying up really late to finish this chapter so you see my dedication? why do i do this to myself }

Chat Noir peered inside Marinette's room before he crawled in through the window. He wasn't planning on revealing his identity with his friend that night, so he triple-checked every crevice, nook and cranny for any signs of life before he called to his kwami, "Plagg, claws in."

The magic waved off of him, from toes to the top of his head, then Plagg materialized into reality. "Ugh. I'm glad that I'm not absolutely dying of hunger or lack of energy, but why didn't you use cataclysm this time, Adrien?"

The blond seemed jaded. "Who knows, Plagg. But I think something's up. Hawkmoth hasn't had a villian that has messed me up this bad... mentally." Plagg scoffed. "Did you even listen to what Ladybug said? We're not the bad guys, Adrien. We save Paris! And if you stop fighting now, who'll protect the city? Hawkmoth is a selfish baddie who lies to get what he wants. Don't forget that."

Adrien sighed heavily through his nose. "You're right, Plagg. Sorry for spacing out on you and Ladybug."

The model groaned through his hands, muffling the sound. "Oh, man... she probably thinks I'm lame now."

"I see you know your priorities," Plagg whispered sarcastically.

Adrien closed the window, and headed downstairs. He wondered where Marinette had left to. She must've been gone long enough for me to defeat the akuma. If not, I'll have to lie my way out of it. Adrien hoped he didn't have to lie to Marinette. She doesn't deserve my dishonesty.

As he quietly made his way down the stairway, he heard the familiar booming voice of Tom Dupain from down the hall. He was on a phone call with someone. Adrien decided to not interrupt and kept walking into the living room, where Alya and Nino sat together. They were enraptured by something on Alya's phone. "Oh, that's a cute one!" Alya exclaimed, pointing at the device. Nino giggled at the phone, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend.

Adrien meandered around the couch, keeping an eye on his two friends. They didn't notice him until he cleared his throat softly.

"Oh, hey dude! How was that potty break?" Nino teased.

"Pfft." Adrien scoffed. "Have either of you seen Marinette?"

Alya perked up, "Well, we've been a tad bit distracted by this new blog I found. I think you'd like it, Adrien."

"Oh? What's it about?" Adrien asked innocently.

"See for yourself, dude." Nino handed the phone to the model, the couple snickering. "Although, it might make you a bit jealous." Adrien focused on the screen. Digital art of Ladybug and Chat Noir kissing brought his attention. As he scrolled down, more similar artwork in varying styles engulfed the screen. Some with just Ladybug, others with the black cat. Each piece had the superheroes making out in some way, and Adrien's cheeks could've powered a small village with how much heat waved off of them.

"See? I knew he'd like it," Nino whispered to his girlfriend. Adrien cleared his throat, ceasing his scrolling and shoving the phone towards Alya.

"A-Anyway," the unfocused model began, scratching his neck. "Neither of you know where Marinette went? She mentioned checking on her father because of the akuma attack a while ago--"

"There was an akuma?!" Alya screeched. Adrien winced at the sudden noise, but answered quietly, "Yeah, didn't you hear everyone shouting from the streets?"