10. The dancing and the crazy

A pair of beautiful green eyes are staring at me.

They belong to a handsome young man with wavy brown hair that fall just above his dreamy eyes.

We come to our senses at the same time and jerk away from each other. I look to the ground like it's the most interesting thing ever and notice pieces of glass at our feet.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Are you OK?" I rush through my words embarrassedly.

"Please don't apologize. It wasn't your fault entirely, I wasn't watching where I was going either. My drink flew out of my hand at the impact but not a drop on me so I'm fine, thanks. What about you?" He replies, a kind dimpled smile marking his gorgeous face.

I smile back and reply, "I'm glad the drink didn't spill on you. I've had enough of that first impression already. And I'm fine too. Anyways how rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm.."

"Princess Alexis Parker. Yes, it's my pleasure to meet you, your Highness. If it means anything, I must say that I'm not disappointed by our first encounter at all. By the way you look lovely tonight." He is so easy going and charming and smooth and Oh my God I think I'm in love.

Wait. What? You're Alexis, not Jenna. Do not start fangirling, I remind myself.

Nonetheless I am still blushing at the end of his compliment and I blame it entirely on the alcohol in my system.

You haven't drunk anything yet. Not a single drop.

Shut up!

I hate my brain for being so smart all the time. Stupid brain.

"Um if you don't mind me asking, you are..?" I stammer and then blush some more. I freaking hate myself right now.

"My name is Archer. Archer Knight, your Highness. So may I have this dance?" He puts forward his palm and who am I to decline this fine gentleman, so of course I accept.

As we make our way to the dance floor 'tale as old as time' from beauty and the beast starts playing. Archer places his hand on my waist, I put mine on his shoulder and we start waltzing around the dance floor.

Tale as old as time

True as it can be

Barely even friends

Then somebody bends

Unexpectedly

Just a little change

Small to say the least

Both a little scared

Neither one prepared

Beauty and the beast

He is a very attractive boy. I find myself looking at him again and agin throughout the dance.

"Sunflowers follow the sun, but did you know when it is cloudy and grey they face each other and share their energy?" He states out of nowhere.

I hesitate briefly before replying, "Uh, no. I did not know that."

He shrugs and adds, "It's not true anyways. They still track the sun's path whether it is shining through a cloud cover or not. But I think humans should do it."

When he doesn't elaborate I ask, "Do what?"

"Sometimes we should just face each other and share our energies." He says this very casually but an unmissable intensity shines through his eyes as they stare in mine for a short while.