25. Annual ball Part 2

Do dreams really come true?

Can we really find a way to make this work?

"How so dad?" I ask, hopeful that he has a suggestion.

"Your adoptive father is a great lawyer, one of the best there is. I am happy to tell you that I have offered him an opportunity and if he wishes to accept it he'll from thereon be working for the royal court, managing all our proceedings. He will be chief executive who undertakes all major decisions. As for your mother, many big writers over the years have told me how Celia's scenic beauty and people inspired their thoughts from their minds to their fingertips. The palace itself is an intricate incarnation of Celia's magnificent culture. I'm sure here she'll find relief from her writer's block. If they agree to stay, they will be welcomed with open arms not as guests but as members of the Royal family." He replies, warmth, sincerity and many promises lacing his words.

"Romanus and I have no family of our own. Mark and Emma modelled you into the wonderful version of yourself you are today. Strong, independent, kind and joyful. If anyone they are the people I'd want to build a unique friendship with." The queen adds earnestly.

"Oh my god. That's great. It's a wonderful offer. Not only will all of us be together but you'll get to do what you love in even better ways. Though it's your decision entirely. I'm with you whatever you choose." I try to be supportive but my expression betrays me and I look at my parents hopefully.

"All of us are." Alexius wholeheartedly adds to my statement.

"I am honoured to have the king offer me such a prestigious position. At first we thought we'll need time to make such a major decision, Paris has been our home for as long as I can remember. I thought leaving it behind is not an option but today as soon as my daughter walked through those doors I knew it isn't even a question. What will we choose? Do we really have a choice? We would rather be with her even on the streets than without her in our home back in Paris and the fact that it's a palace and not the streets definitely solidifies the decision." He announces, joking at the end.

"We will definitely have to do something about Alexis calling all four of us mom and dad but, all that aside, and I'm really glad to have you as a family member, Mark. From now on we aren't just friends, we are brothers." The king then gives Mark a bro hug and they shake hands. The queen goes on to hug mom while I immediately start jumping up and down like a little kid and hug them both real hard.

It is decided.
All of us will be living together.
My favorite people in the whole world under the same roof.
We can all go crazy and weird together.
I love the sound of that.
I am so so happy and nothing can ruin this.

Well, except the sight of Ace Adams, my other love interest, in a tuxedo walking towards me with all our friends in tow.

I see a girl hanging on to his arm. She's in a white dress and looks really pretty. This must be Rose. I had no idea Ace was going to bring her and judging by the weird looks Sarah and Anna keep throwing her I'm guessing they didn't know either. On seeing them together I feel a spark of jealousy which I push to the back of my mind as I greet Anna and Stanley. They are both color coordinated and look very cute.

Then I hug Gabe and Sarah and congratulate them. We then proceed to tease Jenna for getting her claws on the crown prince of the country and mockingly call her 'Her Majesty' in advance as practice for future. She blushes infuriatingly and I am very happy that I finally have something to tease her with that will also shut her up.

Jenna looks stunning in a blue dress while Alexius handsomely compliments her and his deep blue eyes in a black suit and light blue shirt. The pair of them make a great couple.