22. Late night talks

That night I, Alexius and Archer ride together into the dark mysterious night.

"A paintball studio! Really? That's your idea of fun? Typical!" Alexius exclaims.

"Ya and you are one to talk because you have done it so many times before right?" I fire back, sarcastically.

"Fine let's see what you got then." He throws his arms upwards a bit dramatically.

"Yes, just learn to appreciate the ordinary sometimes. Not everything has to be spectacular or out of the world, your highness." I mock.

This is still going to be a little different though, and we find that out pretty soon. It isn't just a studio. We are going to have our paintball battle in an open field surrounded by loud music in actual body armour like we are back in time of the trojan war or something. As Alexius and Archer stand gawking at the spectacle before them I throw a paintball at both of them and run behind a prop canyon. When Alexius aims at me, Archer takes him out with a shot of his own standing in front of my canyon.

"Sorry buddy but no one is allowed to hurt my lady not even her own brother." He shrugs casually like this is the most obvious of things.

"I guess you've chosen a side then, prince." Alexius says challengingly to his best friend from where he has fallen from the impact of the hit.

"I guess I have. Come on Alexis, I'll protect you." Archer turns to me and smiles sweetly.

I make the mistake of believing him. I come out of my hiding spot to find a new one with him. In my defense, anyone would be blown away by those sparkling mischievous green eyes and the beautiful smile he is giving me. I am just a teenage girl crushing on him after all.

He immediately throws a ball at me and starts laughing. Then suddenly a bucket full of paint and water fall on him and it is my turn to laugh. But since we are standing really close next thing I know I am dripping wet too. As we stand together laughing hysterically we don't notice Alexius sneaking up on us. He tackles Archer from behind and that's how we spend our night under the stars and the beautiful moon.

After the fun game, we shower and are in the car on our way back when I tell the driver to stop the car. We are already in the palace compound. But seeing as the palace went on for acres and acres it is still a good 10 minutes walk from here to the doors.

"Why did you stop the car here?" Archer asks, a little confused.

"Well it's a beautiful night. I thought we could walk the rest of the way up to the palace. It's a good enough exercise, it calms you down." I explain.

So that's exactly what we did. I, Archer and Alex walked through the grassy lawns instead of on the road to the palace doors. Midway I poke Archer in his stomach and then jump on Alexius's back telling him to run.

"Oh it's on!" I hear Archer cry as Lexius runs with me on his back. When I turn around I see him gaining on us.

"Run faster, Alex!" I shout.

"Oh yeah run as fast as you can. Run for your lives." Comes Archer's reply.

Now we are running around and laughing.
I am no longer on Alex's back so at one point Archer is able to catch me, wounding his arms around my waist, swinging me around and then as he puts me down he kisses my cheek and runs away. So this time it is my turn chasing him.

Then I and Alexius start working as a team turning in random directions to confuse Archer.

"OK, that's it, both of you. The royal duo! Stop troubling me."

Somehow we make it inside, still laughing uncontrollably.

"Alright guys, I'm out. You have me so tired running around all night like that." Alexius huffs and bends on his knees dramaticaly.