𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN( of men and angels, part i )

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
( of men and angels, part i )

"Are you absolutely sure that we're going to the right place?"

"Ask me that one more time and I'll punch you in the face. Don't test me, Goldilocks," came Jax's gruff answer. Ever since they left the loft, Jace has been fussing about every little thing, yelling at Isabelle to walk faster and bothering the werewolf who was currently leading the way. In conclusion, Jax thought that Jace was being more annoying than usual.

"Well fuck you, I'm just asking-"

"Guys, come on," Isabelle stopped them before they could get into a fight. She seems to be doing that a lot lately with all the tension surrounding the two. A tired sigh escaped her lips, "This is not the time to pick up a fight."

"Tell that to him. He's the one who hates me," Jace grumbled, jutting his head towards the werewolf.

Jax mentally scoffed in disbelief. It's not like Jace had been nice to him either. The two men weren't even trying to hide their disliking for the other. Jax had lost count of how many times they've threatened to kill, maim, or seriously injure each other on this day alone. "I don't exactly hate you but if you were on fire and I had water, I'd drink it," Jax said with a roll of his eyes.

That was the last words exchanged between the four. As soon as they arrived, Jace and Alec had gone off to find Clary while Isabelle and Jax were left with the task of retrieving Simon. It didn't take long before they went back to where they arrived, each pair able to take both Simon and Clary back to safety. The moment Jax laid eyes on the red head, he pulled her in for a tight hug. "By the angel, did they do anything to you? Are you hurt? I'm sorry that I-"

Clary broke away from the hug and gave him a reassuring smile. Honestly, she didn't blame everything that happened to be his fault for even one second. And the fact that the werewolf was so worried and relieved to have her back was enough to make a warm feeling explode in her chest. "It's alright, I'm fine. They didn't do anything to me."

"I hate to break up this little reunion but we got a bunch of werewolves trying to kill us," Jace said.

"Wait, wait, the box," Clary cut him off. "My backpack. I think I left it at the loft."

"No, we've got it. We didn't screw everything up," Alec reassured her while shooting a glare at his parabatai, still mad at what happened earlier back at the loft.

"Wait, Simon, whatever you do, do not make any fast moves," Isabelle said as she heard growling and then one by one, the werewolves started appearing from all around them.