Show yourself!

Kuhu's POV

It was a torture with windows closed. My room looked dark and lonely. No more sunshine. No more sunsets. No more birds and no more looking at the streets. Only two days had passed and yet I felt so uneasy.

It was early evening and I was tired of after collage events and meetings. As soon as I reached to my room, I laid down on my bed. Suddenly I heard a loud music. It seemed that someone was partying. The music was so loud that I was sure that the whole township was able to hear it. I wanted to open my window and see from where it was coming. I decided to just lay down and drop the idea of opening the window but a Hindi song changed my idea.

" Meri samne wali khidki main ek Chand ka tukda rehta hai Afsoos ye hai ke wo humse kuch ukhada ukhada rehta hai"

(There is a beautiful girl who looks like a moon residing in the window opposite to mine. It's a shame on me that she is not talking to me)

That song was followed by another song

"Piya basanti re kahe sataye aaja"

(Dear girl, why are you tormenting me with your absence? Please come back)

Unable to hold myself back, I opened my window to see my hunch proving to be true. He was standing there, looking at me with his gentle smile. As soon as I looked at him, I panicked.

He seemed to understand the frightened look on my face and motioned me to sit down. There was a chair near my window so I sat down. He sat on the seat near his window. He signalled me to look into his eyes.

Though I felt a little uncomfortable but I stared staring into his eyes

Though I felt a little uncomfortable but I stared staring into his eyes. It went on for few minutes. Eventually I calmed down and continued staring into his eyes. Millions of thoughts ran into my head but I ignored them all.

Our staring went on and on until I was interrupted with the sound of my mum. She opened the door of my room and startled me with her sentence "Beta (daughter) are you feeling hungry? Shall I cook your dinner?"

I saw him flinch as soon as he saw my mother standing behind me and turned around and left the room. I reluctantly turned around and talked to my mum.

I was sure about one thing following that incident. The monkey guy was a friendly soul and he wouldn't ask me to pay him compensation for breaking his precious lamp. I heaved the sign of relief.

I felt I wanted to know him even more. He seemed to be an interesting character.