"You Got Jumped In."

"Dad, you saw me lock the doors yourself," Monse says as she walks into her bedroom. Her dad was out for a long haul tonight, which meant he wouldn't be back until tomorrow morning. He always worries about her safety when he's gone. Especially now since her friendship with Cesar is currently nonexistent. Her dad always knew her friendship with him kept her safe. Without it, he's not sure what could happen.

"I know. You're right. Can you blame a dad for worrying?"

Monse smiles at that. Even though she can only see her dad through a phone screen right now, she still feels safer seeing him. "No you can't. I'll be okay dad. I'm going to shower and then go straight to bed. There's nothing for you to worry about."

That seemed to satisfy him because he dropped his insistent questions about safety and told her goodnight. After they hung up, Monse made her way over to her closet. She slipped off her shirt and started looking for a shirt to sleep in. She had a long day and all she wanted to do was wash it all away in the shower.

Her mind goes back to her fight earlier with Cesar. Well she fought, he just laid there. She never would have imagined she would have these emotions towards him. Betrayal. Hurt. Anger. She couldn't understand how he could do something like this. They've been best friends for years. Shouldn't that count for something.

A noise behind her caught her attention. She felt a light touch on her shoulder and every instinct in her body reacted. She reached for the baseball bat leaning against her wall next to the closet and turned to face the intruder. How did anyone get in anyways? She locked all the doors.

"Whoa Monse! It's me. It's Cesar!"

And it was. Her reactive instincts calmed down once she saw him. She didn't lower the bat though. "What are you doing here?"

He looks between her and the bat in her hand. She can see a sadness in his eyes as he spoke, "I never meant to hurt you."

She could feel her heart tighten at his words. "Why did you do it?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper, "You promised me you weren't going to tell anyone."

A single tear slips from her eye as she speaks. They shared one of the most intimate moments she could ever have with someone together, and he promised to keep it to himself. But he didn't. Why didn't he?

"I know I promised. I didn't mean to break the promise." He tries to take a step towards her, but she takes one back.

"It was your idea," she exclaims, pointing the bat at him, "You were the one that said we should keep this thing between us to ourselves. Then as soon as I'm gone you tell the entire block about it!"

Her anger is starting to rise in her the more she thinks about it. Anger because she doesn't want to be hurt by this, but she is.

Cesar sighs and sits down on the edge of her bed. His voice is shaky as he speaks, "I did it because of Oscar. He wanted to get at you when he got out. I couldn't let that happen, so I claimed you."

Wait, what? "Why would Oscar want to get with me?"

Cesar ran a hand through his hair as he spoke, "Because he saw the picture you sent me in your letter with you and some of the kids you met at camp. He said you grew up well and wanted a piece of that action. I couldn't stand the thought of him touching you, so I said that we smashed before you left so I could protect you from him."

Monse could tell he was nervous. He messes with his hair when he's nervous. He really did look sorry about what he did.

Sighing, she lowered the bat and came to sit next to him on the bed. She wasn't angry anymore. What he did, that's something the Cesar she knows would do.