"I'm Pregnant."

Monse stares at herself in the mirror, her fear rising. These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. Coming back from camp to find out that the crew split, finding out that Cesar spilled their secret to protect them, planning a way to get Cesar out of the gang. This was definitely not the way she expected her freshman year of high school to start. But she could handle all of it. She's always believed that you deal with the cards you've been dealt, and you make the best of it. She wasn't going to let any of this take away from the happiness she has when her friends are together. This would all blow over eventually.

None of this is the reason that she is currently standing petrified in her bathroom. No, there is something much, much worse happening. Something that she can't stop. Something that won't just blow over.

"Monse?"

The voice startles her, making her jump. She forgot that Ruby was out there waiting for her. She had called him earlier when the panic started to set in, not knowing who else to call. Normally she would call Cesar when it was something this big, but she couldn't do that now. Not when this involved him. So she called Ruby. Next to Cesar, Ruby was probably the best person for the job. It was either him or Jamal and Jamal was definitely out of the question. His panic would only fuel hers if he knew.

Ruby knocks at the door then when she doesn't respond to him. Monse has to will her hand to move to the doorknob to open it. She slowly opens the door to be met with the very worried eyes of Ruby. He doesn't move from his spot in front of the door when he speaks again, "Monse, are you okay? What did it say?"

She opens her mouth to answer him, but no words come out. She can feel her body shaking and her eyes can't focus on anything. She tries again to speak but all that get's out is a weak, "I-". Ruby reaches out a hand and softly lays it on her shoulder. The contact suddenly breaks through to her and her body crumbles to the floor. Tears start to fall from her eyes and she gasps, trying to catch her breath.

Ruby crouches down next to her and wraps his arms around her, "Shh Monse. Shhh, it's going to be okay." This was all the confirmation he needed to his question. He knows what it said, and he wants to freak out. But he can't. Not now. Not now when the strongest link of their crew is falling apart in the doorway of her bathroom. He has to be strong for her.

He holds her while she cries, knowing that that's the best he could do for her right now. He's not sure how long they sit there for, but eventually her cries get softer until they finally stop all together. Her sniffles are the only sound in the room. He waits for her to talk, not wanting to push her.

"I'm pregnant Ruby. What am I going to do?" she whispers, breaking the silence. What should she do? This is only completely life altering to her. Whatever she chooses will affect her for the rest of her life. Saying it out loud only makes it more real.

Now that she was calmer, Ruby could feel his panic start to rise. He gets up from the floor and starts pacing around the room.

"Okay, so let's think about this. It's not that bad really. I mean, now that I know about you and Cesar I totally see you two being ride or die. Which means this was going to happen at some point anyways, so it doesn't really matter if it was a little earlier. And the baby will be well protected considering it's Santos blood. And you'll be a great mom and Cesar will be a great dad too, once he gets past the initial shock. Statistically speaking the kid probably has a better chance of making it through considering that you and Cesar are the parents. And I'll be the best uncle to it. I'll teach it to dance and how to negotiate it's way out of trouble, which you and Cesar will probably hate. And Jamal will be great too, if he doesn't die from a heart attack after you tell him. He'll probably find a way to get the kid to help him find his rollerworld money. And then we could all-"