Dinner Date.

"You want me to what!" Monse exclaims, catching the attention of a few people at different lunch tables.

"I want you to cook dinner for me," Cesar responds with a big goofy smile. They were the first two at the lunch table today so he wanted to take full advantage of it. He knows that Monse can't cook. In fact she's terrible at it, but it gives them a reason to have some alone time, without smashing. He wants to show her that he wants her for more than just sex.

Monse scoffs and rolls her eyes at him, "Cesar you know for a fact that I can't cook. Remember that one time Abuelita tried to teach me? I nearly burned down Ruby's house!"

Cesar couldn't help the small laugh that came out of the memory. "Oh trust me, I could never forget that."

"Exactly! Which is why I shouldn't cook ever again," she responds, crossing her arms over her chest. Cesar puts on his best pouting face, "Not even for me?" Monse retorts, "Especially not for you."

He smiles again at her, "Well too bad. I'm coming over tonight and you're cooking for me. End of story."

Just as Monse was about to retort, the rest of the crew joins them at the lunch table.

"What has Monse in such a bad mood?" Ruby asks, taking one look at her and knowing that something is up.

"Who says I'm in a bad mood?"

"It's kinda obvious," Jamal retorts, taking a bite of his food.

"Monse and I have a project we have to do tonight for science and she doesn't want to do it," Cesar says.

"Ah, see that's what happens when you aren't in AP like Jamal and I" Ruby says with a shrug.

Monse narrows her eyes at Cesar and his blatant lie. Part of her wants to speak up and deny this so called 'project', while the other part of her actually wants to cook dinner for Cesar. Not because she's good at it, but because just the thought of spending time alone with him makes her giddy. She can't help but roll her eyes internally at herself for that. God, he's turning her into such a girl.

Finally, her emotions get the best of her and she finds herself saying, "Yeah, I really don't want to do it. Especially because Cesar sucks at science."

Cesar puts on a fake hurt expression at her words, but she can see the smile he is trying to hide behind it, "No way. I think you will be the one sucking tonight, Mon."

Monse's eyes go wide at his comment and she kicks him under the table.

"Uh actually Cesar, Monse has an A in science and you have an A- so technically she's right and you suck," Jamal states.

Cesar chuckles with a glint in his eye, "Oh yeah, right."

The conversation changes to something else and it takes Monse a moment to recover from Cesar's comment. Whether he meant she would be sucking at cooking or sucking something else she wasn't sure. But if she was honest with herself, she hoped it was both.

—-

Monse stares at the two plates in front of her. Her poor attempt at Abuelita's shrimp enchiladas. It took her a whole two hours to make them. One because she was so afraid that she was going to screw it up and two because Cesar kept distracting her. He would come up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist, leaving small kisses on her neck. She would get so lost in the feeling that she would close her eyes and forget all about the food she was cooking. It wasn't until he would pull away that she would remember, which would irritate her. Here she was trying to cook for him like he requested and he has to go and mess it up by being so damn cute.

"Mon? I thought you said the food was ready?" Cesar calls from the dining room. He insisted they eat in there and treat it as a proper dinner. She had to fight the urge to roll her eyes at him.

"I'm coming!" she shouts, grabbing the two plates. Once she enters the dining room she sets one plate down in front of Cesar and the other one down in front of the seat across from him.

"This looks sooo..." Cesar begins but Monse cuts him off. "Don't patronize me. If we die of food poisoning it's on you."

He ignores her comment and takes a bite of the food. He scrunches his nose up a bit and starts to chew slower. Monse can feel the panic start to rise, afraid that it was really so bad that it could cause food poisoning. She's about to tell him to spit it out but he looks at her with a small smile on his lips, "It's actually pretty good Mon."

Monse can feel herself start to smile, "Really?" She takes a bite of her own food. It's not terrible actually. Not the best but it's both edible and enjoyable. "You're right. It's not bad at all."

He grabs her free hand in his and gives it a squeeze, "It's the best meal I've ever had."

"Okay Cesar, there's no need to lie," she replies, not meeting his eyes.

"I mean it. You made this Monse. And that makes it the best meal I've ever had," Cesar says softly, "Do you know why I asked you to cook for me tonight?"

Her eyes meet his and she shakes her head slightly.

"Because I wanted to show you how good we are together, without the sex. This was just a way for us to spend time together, you and me. I want to be with you Monse. Like this. Boyfriend and Girlfriend."

Monse's entire body freezes at his words. "What did you just say?"

He squeezes her hand tighter, "I don't want to hide anymore. I want to be able to hold your hand and kiss you in public."

She stares at him as his words process. She wants to jump for joy and scream in fear all at the same time. "But what about the crew? I can't be part of the reason the fam splits."

"We won't split."

She looks at him incredulously, "How can you be so sure?"

"Because I won't let us split. I'll fight for our crew just like you did. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I won't be."

At that moment she remembers when Ruby told her that sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. And Cesar said that like he meant it. She believed him.

"So just say yes and be my girlfriend officially so I can finish this semi-decent meal you made us," he has a wavering half smile on his face as he speaks.

Monse hears her answer leave her mouth before her mind has time to comprehend it, "Yes."

Cesar's smile widens then and his eyes widen slightly in shock, "Really?"

She nods nervously and smiles sheepishly back at him. She cannot believe she just agreed to them being out in the open. She prays to God Cesar's right and the crew stays together.

He leans over the table and gives her a kiss. He pulls away with that same goofy smile, "This is definitely the best meal I've ever had. You know, since my girlfriend made it for me."

Monse can't help the eyeroll and she slightly pushes him to get him to sit back down, "Just sit down and eat you weirdo."

Tomorrow will bring a whole set of fears with it, but she doesn't want to think about that. All Monse wants to do is eat the semi-decent dinner she made for her boyfriend. 

--

Author's Note: 

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry this took a little longer to post. My life has been a bit hectic lately! I hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what you think. I always enjoy writing your requests :) 

My aunt made a cool omb shirt that i absolutely love! Click the link in my profile to check it out :) 

I love you all! xx