"Clothing's Optional."

It's been two weeks since Monse found out about Cesar joining the gang, and she's spent every day planning on how to get him out. She, Jamal and Ruby came up with the perfect plan in their eyes. Ruby even had watermarked binders with the details! But Cesar just laughed at them like their entire idea was crazy. He says for them to leave it alone but he should know that she can't do that. It's not in her nature to drop things. Especially when it involves him.

Which is why she is finding it incredibly difficult to focus in class today. Every time she tried to pay attention to what the teacher was saying her mind would drift to ideas of how she could convince Oscar to leave Cesar alone. There was even a couple times where Cesar, who sat behind her in this class, would have to hit the foot of her chair to get her attention away from the scheming that was going on in her mind.

Eventually, the bell rings signaling the end of class. Thankful to be able to speak freely about what's on her mind she grabs her backpack and follows Cesar out of the door.

As soon as they are out in the hallway she starts on him, "I just don't get how you can be so chill about this."

Cesar adjusts his backpack as he walks, "Look, you and I both know there are tons of people in the life who don't have to do anything. They live their life and get a tattoo here and there and everything is okay."

"Yeah, okay you need to feed that bull to someone who actually believes it. You need to get out of here and disappear."

He stops and turns around to face her. People walking past them in the hallway glance at them. "Go where Monse? Anywhere I go I will always be looking over my shoulder. I really don't want to spend my life worrying about dying. So, I'm choosing to just live."

She could see his point. No one wants to spend the rest of their life worrying about when and if they're gonna die. But she also couldn't spend her life worrying about whether or not he was going to die.

She sighs, "Look Cesar, I didn't mean to rev up the pressure on you. I'm just trying to help."

"I know and I appreciate that. Really, I do," he replies, "There is a way you could help me though."

Monse nods her head enthusiastically, eager to hear what she could help with.

"If you really want to help de-rev the pressure, meet me after school. Your house. Clothing's optional." A small smirk appears on his face when he finishes his sentence.

Monse rolls her eyes, "You jerk! I thought it was going to be something that is actually helpful."

"Oh but it is helpful," he says, placing a hand on her hip to pull her closer to him, "extremely helpful."

Monse's heartrate starts to speed up. One because of how close they are, and two because of the conversation they are currently having. In the middle of the school hallway. She takes a half step back, "Cesar, we can't do this here."

He tilts his head to the side, feigning innocence, "Do what?"

Monse's eyes narrow in a glare, "It's not happening. That will never happen between us again." They both said that whatever this thing was between them, wasn't going to happen again. And she meant it...at the time.

"Never is a long time, Monse," he smirks.

Oh who is she kidding. Whatever this thing was between them wasn't over. It was just beginning. In fact, if she was honest with herself she didn't want it to be over. She wanted to be close to him. When she was with him it helped her forget all of the mess going on around them. She didn't want to lose that with him. So she gives in.

Monse smiles to herself, knowing that she could gain the upper hand here. She smirks herself as she replies to him, "Compared to the two minutes you lasted it's not that bad."

Cesar's mouth drops from a smirk into a gaping O shape, "It was not two minutes! More like five."

"Three tops."

He lets out a laugh, "You're delusional. I could make it last for hours if you want."

She takes a step closer to him and stands on her tiptoes to whisper in his ear, "You have a lot of talk Diaz. Prove it."

And just like that she turns and walks away from him. Knowing that she left him dazed. She's sure he wasn't expecting that. If she was going to give in she was still going to make him work for it.

It takes a moment for Cesar to process her words, but once they do he's smiling.

He yells after her, "I'll see you after school Monse! Be sure to conserve your energy, you're gonna need it!"

Monse can't help the huge smile that appears on her face at his words. So much for never happening again.

-----

Author's Note: 

This one is a little shorter than my others but I hope you like it. Feel free to send me any requests or comments you may have. The more feedback the better! :)