Prologue

Shadow Kid was flung off the parapet of the building as the Dark Reaper retracted his scythe.

    "How ironic?"the words mused out the Reaper's mouth slow and cold. "You seriously think you can stop me even after knowing what I'm capable of?" he mocked grimly.

      Shadow Kid chuckled beneath his mask. "I ought to hand it to you, you do emerge as the 'galiant' foe", he began as he barely held on the buttress of the tenement building's edge.

       "But let me give you this...how do I put it? You're just not my type of villain...",he remarked despondently.

        The Dark Reaper sighed and walked towards the edge, fiddling with his daunting scythe as if it were a mere toy in a child's hand.

       When he reached the edge he looked down at the exerted Shadow Kid as he barely hung on the buttress, like an eagle succumbing it's prey. "Any last words, hero?" he asked, as if he'd spared his life if he told him.

      Shadow Kid laughed as he looked up at the skull-faced enigma which was covered by a dark hood. "Go to hell...", said Shadow Kid without a single hint of fear.

      The Dark Reaper leered beneath his mask as he swung his scythe's tip aimed right at Shadow Kid's hand.

       Shadow Kid felt the pain sting through his nerves as the scythe cut through his hand and yelped in pain as he lost his grip, but he still held on. His other hand still persistant on the buttress.

      He looked down.Way down. The streets were quiet at this moment, but the streetlights flared in his eyes even at this height. A fall from here would be an instant death. And a silent one too.

     "Wow...you're quite the fighter, I give you that", the Dark Reaper bellowed, annoyed. "But this time, I'll make sure you will have nothing else to fight for", saying that he gave a gentle kick at Shadow Kid's redundant hand and Shadow Kid slipped.

      Shadow Kid held his breath as he felt the gushing wind rush through his body as he fell. A few weeks ago he was just an average boy, but today he was something else. He focused, as he closed his eyes awaiting his death, then...