Chapter 5

Mrs Flint paced the living room tempestuosly, with her palms clasped together in angst. Mr Flint look at his wife with unruffled eyes. "He'll be home Vinnie", he began, trudging forward in his armchair. "Of course he will, you think I don't know that?" she retorted, with her arms at her hip.

     Mr Flint snickered at his wife's comportment and shook his head. "What's so funny?"asked Mrs Flint. "The way you look, dear", Mr Flint replied with a grin. "You don't have to worry so much", he added.

     Mrs Flint puffed her cheeks and blew at a strand of hair which hung down her forehead, as she gawked at Mr Flint. "Honey, have I told you how annoying you can be at times?" said Mrs Flint, a look of annulment on her face. Before Mr Flint could reply, the front door knocked.

      "That must be him", said Mr Flint, feeling relieved. "I KNOW...", replied Mrs Flint annoyed, and rushed to the door. "Hi mum", said Ash when she opened the door. "Hello dear, I hope you have a really good explanation for coming home late and as to why in the world are you in such a mess?!"remarked Mrs Flint. Ash brushed his unkempt hair and and adjusted his messed up collar.

      "Erm, I lost my way home?" suggested Ash. "That's not good enough", said Mrs Flint and furrowed her eyebrows. For a moment, Ash was almost fooled before Mrs Flint laughed and said, "Come on in".

      Ash voraciously gulped down the fresh orange juice served by his mum, like it was his last. "Someone's thirsty today", Mrs Flint teased. "So, heard you beat up the rich chap Tyson?" asked Mr Flint with a look of enthusiasm in his eyes. "So you heard?" Ash arched a brow. Of course I did son! Did you hit that haughty millionaire good?" bellowed Mr Flint as he raised his fist in gusto. Ash smirked before saying, "Well, I did break his nose".

     "Great ought a boy! That should give a grounding to rich people like him, not to mess with commoners like us", added Mr Flint with a friendly pat on his son's shoulder. "However..." interrupted Mrs Flint as she took the empty glass from Ash. "You shouldn't do it too often", she reminded him. "Principal George is quite a pain in the neck when it comes to complaining about you. His whinges can be rather...'annoying' at times", said Mrs Flint, as she walked to the kitchen.

      Ash laughed and thought about what happened to him earlier at the factory. Should he tell them? "Actually I...", he began. "So, I guess you've been working out lately?" Mr Flint butt in, and punched Ash flippantly on the shoulder. "Haha...very funny dad", he jested with a grin. "Seriously...", Mr Flint cackled. "You look like a lean young man with a fit body", he added and Ash burst into laughter again.

     Ash chatted a little while longer with his dad before excusing himself. "You had a long day, go get some rest", said Mr Flint. Ash nodded and walked sluggishly to his room. He decided to change into a new pair of clothes. A white T-shirt and a tattered jean seemed alright as he took it out his wardrobe. But when he stood in front of the mirror to change, Ash gasped in astonishment. His dad was right! His body had completely changed. What used to be a slender, bony figure had bafflingly transformed into a lean and brawny one.

      "But how?"thought Ash, still bewildered in perplexity. Then his mind retraced back on the explosion that occured earlier in the secret lab. "Could it be?" he thought. "No way", he reassured himself, as he flexed his arm. "I guess...I have been working out", he presumed and beamed in awe at his new-self...