Chapter 1

The school holidays were drawing near, and the students of the Boys' Campus Academy seemed impatient for it. Well at least, 6 Berserk was.

     The students were raucous, each dwelling and chattering about their plans for the holidays. "I'm packed with tuition classes..." said Darwin, rather disappointed.

      "I'm off to Switzerland! I have a bunch of boisterous cousins there who can show me around", said Alex enthusiastically. "How about you Ash? What's your plan?" he asked, turning around to face his bosom friend.

      "Me?" asked Ash, rephrasing the question. "Well, you know me, I guess I'll be helping my mum at home with the chores again", he remarked with a sigh.

       Just when everything was going fine, Tyson Maxwell had to rain on the parade. The spoilt rich son of Harrison Maxwell, a well-known businessman in Central Town.

     "Well, well now isn't this a wonderful gathering? Guess you're all excited for the holidays huh?" he mocked.

        He walked over to Darwin's table as the vibrant chattering in the classroom, started to halt. Something was about to happen. Tyson flipped over Darwin's table and chuckled sarcastiaclly.

       "Guess you need a new table, Darwin", insulted Tyson and burst into mocking laughter again.

        Darwin stood helpless, and started to lift his table as some of the students laughed at him.

        "Hey!" said Ash. "What was all that for?"

         "Oh, so the peasant wants to speak..." said Tyson scornfully, as he shifted over to Ash's table. "What did you call me?" asked Ash, reassuring the rampant anger within him.

       "Didn't you hear me? I called you a peasant, dilweed. As in, 'P-E-A-S-A-N-T.' Got that loud and clear?" added Tyson.

        Ash clenched his fist and gritted his teeth, but still managed to keep his cool despite the insult. "Don't exaggerate Tyson or I'll..." Ash paused at his sentence.

       Tyson raised an eyebrow and it furrowed as he leaned in and stared at Ash, dead in the eye. "You'll what, crofter? Beg for mercy?" he instigated and cackled at his sarcasm.

       And that was it. That was all it took to make Ash reach his breaking point. He punched Tyson right on the nose and Tyson reeled backwards. He dabbed his nose and felt fresh warm, blood.

       "You're dead meat, crofter", said Tyson vehemently and charged towards Ash. He head-butted Ash right in the abdomen and Ash fell hard on the ground. He groaned in agony as Tyson  kicked him again in the face, and spat blood.

       Ash stood up and wiped his burst lip, his scraggy figure up for another round but then, the classroom door slammed open and Mr Henry barged in. "What is all this ruckus?!" he bellowed angrily.

      Tyson immediately barbed a finger towards Ash as he said, "He started it first!" Ash rolled his eyes and folded his arms. "Such a whiner" thought Ash.

      Mr Henry raised his hand commencing them to stop. "Save your excuses for later, as the both of you are in for detention", said Mr Henry crossly.

       "But...", Ash began. "Ash...", Mr Henry stressed. "Detention, after school, with PRINCIPAL GEORGE", he added.

        'PRINCIPAL GEORGE'. The name rang in his ears like a crackling bell. The worst principal ever.

         Tyson was already grinning from ear to ear. He definitely seemed to profit from all of this. He leered at Ash and said, "You're in trouble now, crofter".

        And he was right. Ash was in trouble. Deep trouble...