Chapter 1: Meeting The Leaf

~Misuto's POV~

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping. There are three robins outside of my window. They noticed me looking and flew away. "Do I really look that bad?" I say to myself. I know that I look a little rough in the mornings, but I'm not that bad.

I walk out of my bedroom and enter the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I notice what the birds were afraid of. I forgot to tie my hair up before going to bed. No it's sticking up in some places, but flattened in others. This is going to be difficult to fix.

I sigh and strip out of my pajamas. I turned on the hot water and jumped in the shower. After generously soaking my hair in the water, I get my large comb and begin to detangle my hair. It was no easy task, but eventually I finished. Today just so happens to be my wash day, so I grab the shampoo and begin to massage it through my hair and scalp. It feels so refreshing to be all to clean myself.

When I'm sure that I've got every strand of my hair, I rinse out the shampoo and comb through my hair again. Afterwards, I apply some conditioner. While the conditioner is in, I take the opportunity to wash my actual body. I feel bad about how much dirt was in my hair, as I look at the floor of the shower. Who knew that hair can get so dirty.

When I rinse my body off, I rinse the conditioner out as. It was a tedious task, but it had to be done. I turned off the water and got out of the shower. I grabbed the towels off of the shelf in the bathroom and rapped them around my body and head. Taking another good look in the mirror, I began to brush my teeth and wash my face.

When that whole routine was complete, I walked into my room and began to dress myself. I have to make a good first impression. It's my first day and none of the kids know me. I want them to like me, but then again it doesn't really matter. Their opinions don't matter. After I'm all dressed in my uniform, there is a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I questioned as I opened the door.

"It's Kari." Hikari states as she walked into my home. She looked me up and down with one eye open. "Outfit is fine, but baby your hair. We need to fix this." She says while pulling me into my bathroom. Kari thinks that I look like a female when I wear my hair out. She says that it covers my masculinity. Whatever that means.

"What are you planning to do?" I question when we arrive to the bathroom. She grabs a comb and parts my hair down the middle. She's going for my signature style. "I'm braiding this mess into the usual." Hikari stated as she began to braid my hair back. It took about twenty minutes, but she eventually finished my two large straight-backs. My must have grow over the last week or so. My braids now reach to the hem of my pants.

"Now let's go. We can't be late." Hikari urges as she drags me out of my house. I just barely managed to grab my keys before leaving. "Calm down Kari. We don't have to be there until nine." I state as I bring us to a halt. She's more enthusiastic than I am about this. She must really want to become a shinobi. "Do you not want to get there early so we can scope out the hotties? You might just find Mr.right." Hikari says while nudging my shoulder. She has a point.

"Fine, let's go." I say with a sigh. Hikari squeals and continues to drag me through the village. By the time we get to the academy, I'm feeling nauseous. I straighten myself out and take notice that nobody is here yet. "Well at least we can pick our seats first." I say with a shrug. Hikari chuckles lightly and we proceed to the top of the classroom. We chose to sit in the top center seats. This will give us the best view of both the instructors and the students.