Chapter 5: Bird Set Free

"That, everyone, was Zetsubō himself." Bon stated to the shocked audience. He did not stop there, though. "Listen, We can sit here all day and explain everything to each other and sing Kumbaya, or we can do what everyone is actually here to do. Take your pick." Bon finished.

Everyone looked at him for a while before eventually someone spoke up. That someone being Naruto, of course. "Yeah, lets get to it. If I'm gonna be Hokage and beat Sasuke-teme, then I have to be the best. I'm not getting any closer to my dream by sitting here." He has a point. Nobody was gaining anything from sitting here and doing nothing.

I clapped my hands together to get everyone's attention. When they gave me said attention, I spoke. "Alrighty then. As the leader of this team, I'm going to have to say that I completely disagree, Bon. The point of a team is to come together and become greater as a new whole. We can't do that if we don't understand one another, now can we?" I glanced at Bon. He rolled his eyes and tried to seep back into my seal.

Keyword: Tried

In a flash, Minato grabbed Bon by his hair and prevented him from leaving. "You don't get to pick and choose what you want to do after a mic drop like that. Now sit your ass down and get to talking!" The crowd stared wide eyed at the scene. Wasn't he supposed to be the nice one, while Kushina was the hot head? Well, I guess it is true that your partner rubs off on you. Let's hope I don't end up like Neji, all sad and depressed. (A/N I am in No way making fun of people with depression. I apologize if that came off as 'rude')

"Bon, he's correct. Whether you like it or not. So come on and let's get this over with."

•Time Jump•

Bon told the story of how we all went to train in Hashirama's garden and discovered our capabilities. To say the least, the spirits reacted pretty calmly. That is until Madara felt the need to challenge Sasuke to a spar. That boy better be grateful I'm not strong enough to make physical pain transfer over to reality, yet. Sasuke may have potential, but Madara has experience and much more knowledge. You'd think Sasuke would take notice of that.

"Alright, now can we start." The one and only Naruto spoke. He surprisingly hadn't said a word during the retelling of yesterday's events. "Now that everything is cleared up, you can break into your training groups." I replied. Everyone then splintered off and left Bon and myself.

"Alrighty, kidd. Lets work on your Taijutsu today." Bon started as he put the gravity seals onto all of the different areas of my body. "Come at me." I ran at Bon as fast as my weighted body could go. A sad sight, really. My run resembled the walk of a toddler.

"Matter of fact. Go over to that stump and give me 500 kicks with both legs." Bon halted me. I looked at him with mild irritation before sighing and turning away. "It's necessary." I say to myself like a mantra. A quick glance at my team revealed they all looking tired and in pain, but nobody was giving up.

With a new found determination, I proceeded to the stump and began kicking. It was hard to get my feet off the ground for the first few hundred kicks, but I got the hang of it by kick 457. Bon wasn't done with me, yet. He ordered 500 more from both legs, followed up by 1000 punches for each arm. Hooray for me.

"Misu, my dad wants to speak with you." Naruto said to me. I was just about to start my second round of punches. Looks like I'll be staying later than the rest just to finish Bon's regimen. "Alright." I replied.