32

A/N: AYOOOOOOOO I'm baaaack~

Hello beautiful people! I hope y'all are doing okay!

Please don't kill me, but I'm gonna be honest, I quite literally forgot this fanfic existed lol oops

In my defense, I do work and have a tendency to focus on one specific thing

It happens a lot and this is why my therapist decided to test me for ADHD <3 and guess what besties? I have ADHD :D

But NEVER FEAR! I'm back w a new chapter! And we're going back to Bucky's POV for this one!

_____________________________

"Guilt is the worst demon to bear,

Strangling you
From the inside of your body.

Apologise.
Make amends.
Let go.
Breathe free."
-Nikita Gill

BUCKY

It had been two days since they arrived in Wakanda. Despite one of the medics instructing Kaia to rest after patching up her wound, neither her nor Bucky had been able to. They stayed holed up in a small room T'Challa was gracious to lend them, constantly communicating with Selene for any type of clue as to where Nadine had been taken. Their search hasn't been all that fruitful, much to their chagrin- and desperation.

Even though logically it made sense that The Hand was good at disappearing, his mind couldn't comprehend how Nadine vanished without a trace. Nothing turned up, and it was difficult to come to terms with it.

Eventually, he got tired of staring at a computer. His saving grace was when Steve called that he picked up Sam, Fong, and Emilia and was bringing them to Wakanda. So, choosing to give himself time to rest his eyes, he met them at the ramps, his hands clenching and unclenching in anxious wait as his best friend was the first to greet him. "Steve."

"Buck." Steve didn't hesitate to pull him into a tight hug. Even as time went on, he still knew when Bucky needed more than just a few words of comfort. "I'm sorry."

"Where's Natasha?" he asked as he pulled back, attempting to divert the conversation.

Steve took the hint and tried to keep the conversation as light as he could. "Tracking a lead. She hasn't stopped looking since we found out. I'm heading back out there to help her."

Bucky was about to respond when Fong and Sam walked over, both bruised and weary, which immediately set him into high alert. "What happened?" 

Sam seemed hesitant to speak. "Dante and Kristina are gone," he replied after a few seconds, guilt written all over his features.

"The Bratva attacked," Steve said before Bucky could react. He seemed to sense that he wouldn't react too calmly without a thorough explanation first. "They were looking for Kristina. I left Natasha in Istanbul and went to pick them up."