28

INSPIRED BY:

MOONDUST | JAYMES YOUNG

ADDICTED TO LOVE | SKYLAR GREY

_____________________________

"And what made it so beautiful is that we were never supposed to happen, and yet, we did

"And what made it so beautiful is that we were never supposed to happen, and yet, we did."

NADINE

It wasn't difficult to sneak into the pool. The hotel was a small, fairly simple building. Nothing too fancy, and probably only had like Thirty rooms at most. The pool was at the back, dimly lit by lights in it with fences protecting it from intruders after hours. That was about as far as it went when it came to protecting it, though, seeing as it had zero cameras and the security guard was pretty occupied flirting with the lady at the front desk, anyway. Since it was after 9:00pm, the key that opened it didn't work anymore. They settled for climbing over the gate pretty easily, with Bucky jokingly letting his towel fall on Nadine's head while trying to impress her with his incredible skill of sneaking into a place that didn't have fortress level security.

"You know," she said as they settled for two seats the farthest away from the gate, near some bushes that may help cover them from view. "I hadn't taken into consideration that the water is probably cold as hell, so maybe we shouldn't get in."

"Oh, no, you came up with this dumb idea, now we're getting in that pool." Bucky started taking his clothes off, leaving him in spandex shorts, which accentuated the muscles on his toned legs. She tried to avert her gaze as he stepped into the pool. She could see the taut lines on his bare back, the colorful lights in the pool reflecting off of the droplets on his skin. His hair was in a messy bun, strands framing his face and the shortest part of his hair at the back falling out.

"Don't be a chicken-shit," he taunted as he caught her staring, biting on the inside of his cheek to hide his growing smirk.

Shit.

"Fine." Nadine pushed her doubts aside and just took her clothes off, exposing her underwear-clad body to the cool air. She adjusted the elastic band of her sports bra, noticing how Bucky had placed both hands on the pool's edge and rested his chin on them. His sharp eyes were unabashedly traveling down her form, evidence enough that he seemed invested in looking at her now that things had changed. The politeness of looking away was no longer that relevant.

"F-Fuck," she blurted out as she stepped into the pool, her body tensing as it felt the impact of the cold water. Nadine crossed her arms in front of her chest in a pathetic attempt to keep warm. "How the hell are you okay with this?"

"I've been frozen for decades, remember?" he joked as swam around her, chuckling as she started rubbing her arms. "Just think about something else. Start a conversation."