red.

red was the color of the flashing stage lights.

after weeks of practicing and hearing my cheers everyday, chittaphon had performed the dance skillfully. but just during practice, of course.

"i signed up for the competition already." chittaphon told me and sat down on my sofa, hugging a pillow to make himself comfortable. "wonder how it goes."

"it's the school talent show, dude." i said. "i hope there won't be any random magicians cutting a mannequin in half."

"last year, do you remember? he made me second place. i mean, that magician graduated and is in college right now, but still, he made me second place! i don't hate him, but i got second place!"

"actually, he was kinda good though..." i sighed and teased him. "come on dude, keep up!" i pat his shoulder.

---

peeking out of the curtains a little, i turned to chittaphon, who i expected to have the exact expression i predicted: panicking.

"chittaphon... show what you've got. impress them. make magicians lose." i put my hands on his shoulders and could feel them shivering.

"yeah... yeah." he took a long breath and nodded his head. chittaphon panicked and peeked through the wings.

"beat magicians! beat magicians!" i cheered him up. "come on man. i'll be in the audience. just think about your dream, okay? also, johnny is out there dj-ing! he will perform his skills at the end of the show, the teachers informed me that."

"no no no. that's even scarier. i don't want to be a fool in front of him-" chittaphon looked panicked and worried, grabbing his own hands.

i chuckled at him. "dude, that's why you've gotta try your best! for your dream career!...and impressions to johnny, of course."

"to my dream!" he crumbled his fist. "i'll do it."

"that's the spirit, dancing boy!" i jumped up. "NOW GET OUT THERE AND KICK THOSE JUDGES' ASSES!"

---

there came the lights. red lights.

the silhoutte of chittaphon slowly appeared behind the curtains.

as he walked out, the music started.

once the first note started, he had turned into a completely different person. his moves turned from swift, fast to strong and stable.

the way his legs moved and his arms worked impressed everyone. the students were hollering and cheering, and others even stood up.

the music went to its climax when he did an impressive and skillful jump into the air. his gaze was so ethereal, so passionate. i was impressed about the school's lightning choices. but more to that, was how he was able to separate and made himself stand out from the lights, but still made a mixed look with the color of them. he was the stage center.

he was clearly a god sent from above. his face emotions were ethereal. everything was impressive and unique.

as if his soul was all about dancing. like he was born to dance.

i was blown away. he had performed it many times to me, passionately through music, but his effort and expressions on stage were completely a new world for me, something i was so eager to know about.

was it the same dork backstage just minutes ago?

i remember him taking huffed breaths while looking up to the ceiling, beaming widely after the performance just ended. students cheered and hollered. i joined in and it felt like i was the loudest among them.

"dancing boy! that's my boy!" i cheered.

he must've seen me, so he let out a huge embarrassed grin.

━ COLORS | ten ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara