Chapter Five

WARNING: The following text below contains physical harm given to one by another. If this is a problem reading then skip this chapter and find something else to read. Thank you for taking the time to heed this caution and those who continue, enjoy.

____________________________________________________________

The moment I turned the handle and took the first step into the devils cave I was gripped by the end of my loose ponytail and slammed face first against the door. I had to smother a scream that had been seconds from leaving my throat. I've learned in the past that once I start screaming he dosen't want me to stop. This man enjoys nothing but inflicting pain and watching the way it crumbles us to pieces, finding it pleasuring to see us desperately try and put them together before the next blow comes our way.

"What took so long girl?" he probed, "The bus brake down and you had to sit on your fat ass to wait for it to be fixed." He hoarsely whispered in my ear, ending with more of a growl. I winced at the smell of his breath, stale cigarettes and the burnt stench of liquor. While caught in my thoughts he turned me around and gripped my chin in a death grip with his rough hand as the rest of his body pressed solely against mine, pinning me to the door and offering no escape.

"When I ask you a question I expect an answer out of you." The words were all but snarled in my face, the flicks of spit hitting me with force and making me want to hurl. I swallowed down the fear and tried to regain my sense, not allowing myself to fall into the arms of helplessness again and only hoping for this to be quick so I can return safely in my room behind a locked door with a chair propped underneath.

"YOU WORTHLESS GIRL! CAN'T DO A DAMN THING RIGHT!" He shouted in my face whilst pulling his arm back and bringing his fist down on my face. My head was banged against the door because of the impact, making a whimper escape my lips. I knew my not answering him would only feed the rage burning within him but I just couldn't bring myself to open my mouth and speak back as I did before. In the high school with Travis I felt as sense of security, like I knew some how he wasn't going to hurt or harm me. But now.. it felt as though he was going to tear me in two.

"Fine." He said, the calmness making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end for I knew it wasn't a good sign. "If you refuse to answer me and continue to be the sinful girl that you are them I must punish you." With that said, he stepped back and never before have I seen my father in a state like this. I pushed my back into the corner and wished more than anything that I could sink through the wall and disappear. Hoping to rid myself of the monster I'm forced to call my father.

My breaths remained to come out heavy and ragged as I watched him stand and stare. Knowing whatever was running through his mind wasn't any good and that sent a whole new fear down my spine and to my toes. "You. Don't move a damn muscle when I'm gone." And I did just that, stood as frozen as a statue when he turned his back to me and strode into the kitchen before returning with a chair in hand.

He placed it in the middle between us and had the front pacing me with the back towards himself. Something was going on and I wanted no part in it even if I knew it was inevitable. "Come here." I knew from the tone in his voice that right now wasn't a time to mess with him. So I took timid steps to him until I stood to the right of the chair with my hand holding my aching jaw from when he struck me.  I took a shallow breath when I saw him staring me down, hatred and disgust filling his eyes.

"Now, I want you to take off your shirt and garb the back of the chair." My eyes widened at his words and my hands releases my face only to cross over my chest and shake my head from side to side vigorously. I knew now what he was planning to do, having threatened to do it before but never followed through with it. When I tried backing up from him, heading into the living room he pulled me by the hair once again and dragged me so I was standing right behind the kitchen chair. He yanked back hard enough to cause tears to arise. "Your going to do as I say or else I'll tie you to that chair all night and do more than whip you silly. Do you hear me girl?". I knew what he meant when he said that so I only nodded my head in answer, dreading what was to come.

"Good. Now do it." This time I didn't bother trying to blink back the tears, letting them fall freely as I slowly removed my shirt and while making a choking noise in the back of my throat I gripped the back of the chair. "And the bra." He said when I tried to leave it on. "No please." I begged, not wanting to be left so exposed to one I despised."Do. It." Was the only response I got so I did, undoing the clasp on the back and letting it fall free of my arms.

My hands latched onto where I was told and only clenched tighter when I heard the sound of him sliding out his leather belt from the holders in his jeans. The echoing of his belts metal ending ringing in my ears and resulting in more streams of tears to fall. "This is your punishment, the chastening you deserve. Both you and I know this is what you procure."

With those words spoken, he brought the belt down against me skin. I cried out when I felt it, the painful percussion the leather made when meeting my back. You could hear the whooshing sound it made when whipping through the air as if slicing it in half when coming downward and gravitating. He did it over and over and over again. I knew I was bleeding profoundly and soon it felt as though I couldn't take anymore. The pain becoming to much, my knees gave out as I felt to the floor with my face making contact against polished ground. That's when the earlier affliction from my jaw returned and I could hardly keep my eyes open.

I could just make out my father dropping his belt and staggering back before going up the stairs while holding onto the railing. He walked into his room and slammed the door behind him with me still laying on the floor with blood oozing from my back. The throbbing in my face also aching deeply and all I could think about was who I was supposed to cover the bruise I'm sure will appear and survive the cuts marking my back.

Using all of my remaining strength I heaved myself up and while crawling, made it to the top of the stairs. After catching my breath I slid into my room still on my stomach and gently closed the door behind me. I pulled out the First Aid Kit I hid under my bed and took out the cloth wrapping in which I used starting from the top of my breast to  my injured back. I winced every time the cloth made contact with my blemished skin but knew it was all I could do tonight and had to or else the wounds would worsen over night.

After doing the best I could I had no more strength left to make it into my high bed. So I yanked of the blankets and grabbed the edge of the pillow, drawing them down and doing what I could to get comfortable. When my eyes drifted closed in hopes of ridding myself of the pain lacing my body for a decent few hours there was only one thing left clouding my mind.

How I hoped to see him again, to get lost in his gaze and for those precious moments forget the terrors that haunt me day and night.

The tears once again leaked from my eyes and the sadness engulfed me. For I knew I'd never be able to have a crush on a boy and send secret smiles his way like all the other normal teenage girls could. I was broken. Shattered to pieces. Unfix-able. No one could save me from the darkness I've learned not to coward from but to embrace. I'd forever be lost.. abandoned to the wolves.