Chapter Ten

LILLY'S POV -

"No."

"Come on Vivian, these are the only things that can save you."

"No."

"Take the pills Vivian, please."

"I won't let it take control of me again, I won't."

"It's not going to happen, now, take the pills."

"I said no! I can't risk it, I can't!"

"I'll leave them here in case you change your mind."

"I won't."

"Think about you daughter, think about Lilly."

"I am."

I fell to the floor in a heap, my knees buckling from under me and slamming me down to meet the cold ground with force. The memory still rung in my ears, the words leaving me hollow with nothing but confusion left to run through my veins. I felt both bare and alone, like the world was closing in so only I remained. Questions swirled around in my head, overriding anything else. Like, what was my moth--

Pain. It surrounded me, filling every corner and empty space that consisted inside me. Like fog, it wasn't something you could escape, run from, or fight off. I wish I could scream but it was like the world had turned upside down and just left me to hang with the blood rushing to my head. I tried to concentrate on anything else, to get an idea of what was going on but the small thread I was gripping onto was growing thinner and shorter by the second.

It found the cracks and open wounds, leaking through and invading with the strength of thousands. The words in my ears was replaced with a deafening silence that made them pop, canceling out any sound or noise. All thoughts were erased, leaving nothing but a blank sheet that was being filled with the immense agony that was flooding my very core. I couldn't move, like I was becoming paralyzed from an mysterious cause.

All existing energy inside was being drained to the very last drop, like a vampire who came back to finish the job he should've before. It felt as if my bones had turned to lead and made it so my limbs refused to make any movement, even to merely budge at command. My eyelids felt like they were glued shut by superglue, plastered to my eyeballs. A pair of five hundred pound weights laying upon each, preventing them from opening into minor slits.

I had my head tilted to the side and it felt as though it was being covering in bruises, all fresh and aching. They were being hit over and over again, probed and poked at. I bet if I could see myself there'd be nothing to look at but a blueberry that was turning more purple than blue. The bones under my skin becoming smashed and crushed under the steel fists that continued to pound my head in, pushing me farther and farther into the blackness that waited with open arms and a smile twisted and cruel.

My back. Long lashes of pain smoldered the length of my backside, sizzling the skin in which I imagined there'd be the stench of burning dermis in the air. It seared from intense and staggering oppress that made me breaths come out in shallower takes. It was as though the scratches were becoming deeper and deeper the more my chest rose up and down, giving the word pain a different meaning. Tears began rushing down my face from how much I was suffering, like it was gripping my spine with hands as hot as a burning stove, shaking me in a violent way.

But most of all was my neck, the junction between my collarbone and the left side of my chin. It stung, throbbed, and blazed from an unknown fire that felt like it was both kindling from the inside as well as being poured from an obscure source. I felt the flames licking and lapping at the skin, seeping into the rest of me and spreading at a vastly pace. It shared the suns temperature, its heat, and its power to overwhelm. My fingers itched and twitched to reach up and skim over the sensitive area. Desperate and insanely curious to see what coated each of the four slender jointed parts attached to my hand when I brought it in my eyes line of sight.