Renewed hope

" Jack! " Sally screamed, running to him. When she got to him he was breathing heavily. He smiled up at her knowing she wouldn't have to live in a cursed world. " Sally, tell the mayor.... he can make his own plans for this Halloween. " he said half joking. Sally almost laughed. " Jack why did you do that...? Your going to die...." Sally asked . Jack did a fake surprised face . " really? I don't fell like.." then he played dead. Sally let out a giggle.  Then she reminded him of her question. " I love you too much to let you live in the presence of an evil shadow... Sally, you almost died... "  Jack replied. He knew he would possibly die. And if he made it out alive, he wanted to make Sally his wife. Barrel broke the silence." Uh... ummm... I-I-I might know a way that jack can live.... but it's kinda risky..." Lock looked at his friend and then at shock. Jack smiled." Risky is my middle name." Sally stared at barrel for a moment." How is it risky..?" She asked. Barrel didn't quite know how to explain." I um it contains chemicals and potions that no one has used before .. um from the human world....... and I need to mix up the right amount of each and the Jack has to drink it... ." Sally looked at Jack and he nodded. " ok " he replied . Barrel nodded but then added," I only have enough for one try...". At this Jack's sockets widened. " o- ok.." he said. Barrel ran to Oogie's kitchen and started mixing. Lock and Shock followed. Barrel was almost done when... THUMP! Barrels stool shook . Many drops of the last ingredient fell in the bowl. He looked at the base of his stool. There Shock hell a choking Lock in her fist. Quickly she let go and pointed to Lock, obviously blaming it all on him. That's it... that's it... Jack's ..... DEAD....Barrel thought.