A granted wish

~III~

Baekhyun taps his foot, repeatedly, out of boredom, hums some random song and looks at his gold watch. He peers behind his shoulder to check up on Chanyeol, who was browsing through a multitude of necklaces, earnings and other pieces of expensive, fancy jewelry.

Inwardly, Baekhyun chuckles, witnessing his friend in a slight panic because he is too indecisive to choose the perfect one, is amusing to watch. He shrugs to himself, thinking that he'll probably take a great amount of time in there.

"He'll be fine," he supposes. So he decides to wander off, although he's not sure where, but he will just allow his feet to take him to wherever. Chanyeol probably will not even notice, regarding how focused he looks at that present moment. He stuffs his hand inside his jean pocket and starts to contemplate Chanyeol's question he asked earlier. "What do you want for Christmas?"

Honestly, he doesn't really know what he wants. He does not really care either, but he will be content and happy with whatever present he would receive from him, whether it be something thoughtful or silly. He would still appreciate just as much.

There is only one think on his mind: the desire to meet her again, even if it is just for a split second. However, he knows that not even Chanyeol could be able to gift him that, it seems almost impossible which is why he feels like a fool imagining it.

He mentally pushes those thoughts away and continues his stroll around the building. Now, he wonders how he should probably search for Christmas presents, too, just to be a good friend.

He stumbles across this small toy shop with colorful posters and lights, but its bright colors were not the thing that led him there in the first place. He notices a young boy, around the age of three, pacing about near the entrance of the shop. He appears to be uneasy and troubled, but what alarmed Baekhyun is the fact that he is unaccompanied by an adult.

Baekhyun calmly approaches the little boy, brushing past some strangers in the process. The boy is aware of his presence and walks towards Baekhyun as well, seeking for help. Baekhyun has to bend his knees to match his relatively short height. 

"Hey, are you okay? Where's your parents?" Baekhyun asks kindly.

The child stares up at him as he ponders the question of whether or not he should answer him. He is always reminded by his mother not to converse with strangers and the importance of it, but he is willing for Baekhyun to help him because he wants to find his mother.

The child blinks owlishly up at him, hickory eyes wide and glassy.
His plump rosy cheeks, cute button nose and twinkling eyes display innocence. He discovers that Baekhyun doesn't look intimidating or scary, it is quite the opposite, actually. Baekhyun's eyes are comforting and warm and the child somehow is unable to look away.

"I can't find my mama," he replies in a soft tone, barely above a whisper. His eyes travel back down to the floor and he juts his bottom lip out.

"Don't worry, kiddo, I'm sure we can find your mother again." Attempting to cheer him up Baekhyun ruffles his inky hair, further disheveling it. The little boy giggles, his smile meeting his eyes and tries to straighten his strands of hair back down by patting it. Baekhyun tenderly laughs with him almost in a fatherly like manner.

"What's your name, by the way?" Baekhyun queries with interest.

"My name is Eun," he responds, enthusiastically.

"Well, Eun, let's go search for your mom, shall we?" Eun nods spiritedly. Baekhyun straightens his knees and stands back up properly, his legs sore from crouching. He dusts off any dirt clinging onto his denim jeans and extends his arm, offering his hand for him to hold for guidance.

Eun's miniature, stubby fingers grasps Baekhyun's pinkie obediently and holds on tightly, not wanting to get lost a second time. Baekhyun also notes the small mole on Eun's thumb, just like his, and smiles from the small detail and mere coincidence.

After a couple of minutes of roaming around with determination, Eun finally spots a figure from a distance that seems familiar to him. The woman's back is turned towards them, so they aren't able to see her face clearly. But judging by her clothes and hair, Eun is certain that's her and he instantaneously smiles once more. Still holding onto Baekhyun's pinkie, Eun drags him along and Baekhyun follows behind him.

"Mama!" Eun calls out with joy and by the sound of his voice she instantaneously turns around.

"Eun?!" she exclaims, stretching out her arms for him to leap into and she lets out a sigh of relief, eyes brimming with tears.
"I told you not to wander off without me! I was looking everywhere for you," she scolds him, but soon attacks him with kisses on the cheek, exceptionally glad that he's just safe.

"I'm sorry, mama," he whispers apologetically, feeling tremendously regretful. "I won't do it ever again."

Baekhyun smiles from the heartwarming reunion between the mother and son from afar, albeit unsure whether or not he should just leave them alone or wait. But the lady stands up after releasing her tight hug from Eun.

"Thank you so much for-" she pauses, like the words are drawn from her mouth with a string as they meet each other's gaze. Her eyes widens with shock and realization.

They both freeze in place and even Eun, who is clinging onto his mother's leg can sense the thick tension that surrounds them.

Baekhyun's mind is racing with countless unanswered questions and thoughts, his body unmoving and his heart pulsating erratically in his chest, but under his breath he manages to utter, "Hera?..."

He thought that maybe some god up above had granted his longing wish.

Authors Note//

Authors Note//

I was hoping that I would post this chapter on Baekhyun's birthday but I never got it finished in time T-T But I hope y'all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it and as always....
Thank you so much for reading!!until next time, byyeeee.🤘🏼❣
Oh and don't forget to vote and comment. Be free to share your thoughts and opinions.