Happy

~VI~

Baekhyun begins to feel nostalgic, a hurricane of sweet reminiscences from the past floods his mind. He smiles unknowingly to himself, as he trudges through the snow. He lifts up a hand and places it on his chest, feeling the way his heart thrums frantically against his rib cage.

Although it was tremendously difficult for him to let go of someone he wasn't done loving yet, he still feels hopeful.

•••

"I don't know what I should do, Wendy," Hera lets out an exasperated groan and feels like banging her head on the table out of frustration.

Wendy looks at her friend sympathetically, sighing, after discovering her tricky dilemma.
"If you want my advice, I think you should tell Baekhyun and Eun sooner, rather than later." Wendy pats her back comfortingly.

"I know, I know. I-I just don't know how or when," Hera tells her, running her hands through her hair as she takes deep calming breaths. Hera feels like a horrible human after hiding the truth for three years.

"That's for you to figure out, but I know you can do this, Hera," Wendy says softly with a reassuring smile, pulling her in for a tight hug and it makes her feel less uneasy.

Wendy was always there for her, especially in times of difficulty, and for that Hera was extremely grateful for her existence.

When her mother unfortunately passed away, Hera didn't have enough money to go back home and visit since she was a student at the time, but Wendy generously offered to pay for the other half of her plane ticket. She also helped Hera through her pregnancy and helped take care of Eun. Wendy is such an amazing friend and Hera doesn't know how she will ever repay her. She's glad she met her.

"I better get ready for work. I don't wanna be late for my first day," Wendy tells her, standing back up. "I'll talk to you after?" Hera gives her a curt nod as she watches her walk out of the living room.

"Thanks, Wendy. I'm so lucky to have you as a friend!" Hera hollers to her wholeheartedly when she sees Wendy run up the stairs, heading for the bathroom. "I know," Hera hears her call out jokingly and she lets out a little, joyous chuckle.

Hera rises from the cushioned chair and ambles her way up the staircase to her bedroom. She slowly opens the door to check up on Eun, trying not to disturb his slumber since it's still relatively early in the morning. She watches as Eun shifts in the blankets and sees him lift the quilt ever so slightly to peer at her with one eye.

"Eun?," she whispers to him. Then a giggle erupts from underneath the thick blanket and the corner of Hera's lips twitch upwards. "I know you're awake," Hera continues.

After being caught, Eun finally wiggles out of the sheets with a little yawn. He flashes her an endearing little grin, his jet black hair sticking out in all different directions. It makes him look comical, yet unquestionably adorable. Hera strolls over to him with a small laugh, attempting to straighten the wild mess that is sitting on top of his head.

"Good morning, sweetheart," Hera mutters to him, a smile gracing her lips as she speaks.

"Good morning, mama," he replies while he rubs his eyes. His eyes always seem to shine, like dark pebbles glazed by ocean waves.