Relief

~VIII~

"It's alright, I'll get it." She says with a smile, hand reaching for the doorknob. Once she opens the door, she gasps as her eyes widen dramatically.

Hera grins, her rosy cheeks pushing her eyes up into crescents. "Hey, I come bearing gifts," she tells her casually with a nervous chuckle.

To say they were surprised is an understatement. Some stared at Hera, mouth agape while others tried to analyze Baekhyun's reaction, eyes shooting back and forth between them.

•••

"I'm very-", Hera begins, but she is cut off by Joohyun and Seohyun.

"Hera!" The pair rush towards her and engulf her in a warm hug. The familiar name makes everyone's head perk up and turn their attention at the incoming guest.

"You don't understand how much I've missed you," Seohyun utters under her breath. "Me too," Joohyun chimes in. Hera feels so welcomed and all the anxiety that was building up until that moment melted away. "Guys, I can't breathe," she chuckles, patting both of their backs.

"Hera, did you bring people with you?", Joohyun inquires offering the young boy and woman behind her a polite smile.

Hera gasps as her face lights up with realization. "I brought some people to come along with me, I hope that's fine." She mentally berates herself for forgetting to introduce two of the most important people in her life.

Hera wrings her hands nervously, intimidated by the attention everyone gave her. She guides Wendy and Eun forward, mildly thankful that everyone adverted their gaze away from her to the two unfamiliar guests.

"We aren't intruding anything, are we?," Hera mumbles unsurely, breaking the deafening silence.

Baekhyun steps out from the crowd so he is now fully visible. "Of course not. I invited you all, didn't I?" He remarks, his smile as sweet as ever.

The exchange of words between the pair had people's brows quirking. Nevertheless, Seohyun ushers them inside. "Hurry, hurry. You must be freezing out there." Joohyun guides the three of them inside to sit on the couch.

"This is Wendy. She's a good friend of mine. I met her while I was still in Canada", Hera starts, patting her friend on the shoulder.

"Hello," Wendy greets politely and flashes them a shy smile. They greet her with a wave and a small smile, too. "I made cookies for everyone. I hope you will enjoy it," Wendy says tentatively, placing the container on the wooden coffee table.

"I can tell we're going to get along," Joohyun mentions, munching on the delicious dessert which earned a small chuckle from her.

"And this is Eun, my son", she says without hesitation, ruffling his hair as he waves hesitantly.

She could immediately sense the curiosity as well as confusion radiating off them as their eyes widen and brows arch. Judging by their confused facial expression, Hera could tell that they were probably thinking the same thing. For the time being she chose to ignore it.

"Aww, he's so adorable," Seohyun squeals.  Seohyun bends down and pinches his cheek as a greeting.

"Finally Soondeok has someone to play with," Joohyun beams, ushering the rosy cheeked girl over.