4] curious little kid

❁———⠀⠀⠀ ⎡ ❉ ⎦⠀⠀⠀———❁

Saturday 11:43am

The sky above queens was a beautiful bright blue, not a single cloud visible overhead, leaving it looking like fine silk. The golden ball of flame has graced the earth, more powerful and clear than usually, making the air feel thick and uncomfortable to stand in.

Peter had decided to make his regular visit to the Avengers Headquarters to say 'hello' to his muse, Tony Stark.

Entering through the large doors at the front of the building, Peter was greeted by a rather unusual sight. Tony smiling.

He was stood staring up at a large screen planted on the wall, arms folded and a grin plastered to his face, in what could be described as pride.

"Hey, Mr Stark!" Peter walked over to the man whom he had just greeted, dropping his backpack on the floor next to a desk.
Tony, catching on to Peter's presence, closed the screen down, leaving it black.

"Peter, to what do we owe this pleasure?" He clapped his hands together, walking over to the young boy who adorned a childish grin.

"Erm, nothing. Just came to see how things were going, you know. Oh, also-"

Peter was interrupted by the blaring ringtone from Tony's phone.

"Hold that though... Hello?"

Peter stood awkwardly in place, positioning himself so that he was sitting perched upon one of the desks and watching Tony's facial expressions- along with trying to listen in on the conversation.

"Yeah. There's nothing in my calendar for tomorrow so you can come on down for the skills session that we discussed, if you're available of course. Okay, great! That's perfect. Bring the suit, I'd like to see it in combat for the first time. Alright, bye now."

Peter, who had listened in on the entire phone call, tilted his head with an intrigued look fashioned on his face.

'Bring the suit... in combat?' He tried to put two and two together, but failed every attempt.

Tony made his way over to the screen, which he had been engrossed in before, switching it back on once again. The room, though it was light out, still illuminated from the sheer brightness.

Peter walked over, standing inches away from Tony.

"Mr Stark, if you don't mind me asking, what was that about?"

Tony caught on to Peter's curiosity.

"What was what?"

"The phone call..." Peter stated blankly, nodding his head for further pressure to get the answer out.

"Nothing of your concern, kid. Just adult stuff, you wouldn't understand."

Tony skimmed through a few slides on a presentation upon the screen, reading through notes and glancing at images. It all looked very 'important' in Peter's eyes.
That's when Tony stopped on one slide, and something instantly clicked in Peter's brain.

"Hey, is that-"

"Ravena? You recognise h-"

"Yeah! They save- helped me with the 'parking lot incident'. We had a brief encounter, we didn't exactly engage in conversation. That's a pretty neat suit though!"

Tony nodded, impressed with his own handy work.

"Indeed it is. I'm bringing Ray in for some thorough combat and power control training tomorrow to see the suit's full potential, I haven't had the chance to see it out and about."