hidden in the rain

15 years ago

"The loss of such an amazing and fantastic hero has the nation in grief, she was kind, loved, and truly a one of a kind per-"

"We were all very close to her, she was the light in the room, truly a sunri-"

"We first heard from him, yeah and we were in shock, she wasn't weak, she was...amazing, so how? How can such a bubbly girl just die..."

They act as one, your thoughts and desires.

Barely audible, I can still sing, to jolt your heart.

Present

Click tap tap tap click

The only sound that can be heard is the clicks and taps coming from a keyboard being frequently attacked by a small (H/C) child. The child 'tsk-ed' as a screen displayed words that displeased them.

'DEFEATED'

You sigh, leaning back on your chair you criss cross your legs and let your arms go limp. Your tired (E/C) eyes scan the ceiling of the room to stare at the tiny fairy lights that hung above. Although many of them seem to have flickered out, needing replacement. The few that did light up are too dim to actually light the room. Sighing again, you closed your eyes.

"I should order new lights..."

At that moment a knock is heard, the door to your dark room opens, and a new clicking sound is heard. "AHHH" you scream, running to your now brightened bed. Throwing your All Might blanket over your body you cry, "Too...bri...ght...may...die...uggggh." you raise one of your bandaged arms, your now lit bedroom reveals a new image.

Trash. Trash everywhere.

An exhausted looking man walks in, his long black hair, that's usually untamed, is more messy and wild than usual. He looks to be in a hurry and even angry about it as he proceeds to walk towards you and yank your blanket off. you hiss and try to reach out for the blanket.

"(Y/N), clean your room. I left breakfast on the table, eat it please and take your meds. I'll be back at 5, Mic will come over at 3 to check on you. Let. him. in. this. time. Be good, love you, bye." He throws the blanket over you again and quickly walks out of the room, leaving the door open.

"Oh ok? Love you too!" the child, now identified as (Y/N), yells out, though the man was already out of the house. "Why is he in such a hurry?" you ponder, removing the blanket and proceeding to get off your bed. "Well, can't clean a room on an empty stomach," you walk towards your room door, reaching your (S/C) hand out to turn off the lights in your room.

Two more fairy lights burn out.

Running down to the kitchen, you tie your messy hair in a bun as you take a big sniff of the breakfast filled air. Smiling, you spoke joyfully, "So good!"

You walk towards the table, a plate of freshly made food is placed there for you. You reach out your bandaged right hand towards a wooden chair but stop midway.

Suddenly the grin on your pretty face turns sour and your hand starts shaking "...Was he late because he made me breakfast?" you slowly pull your hands to your chest, clamping them together. Your whole body is shaking now and you lower your head and your knees bend as though they were jelly. your hair covering your (E/C) eyes. "He...didn't have to..." you whisper softly. your eyes begin to get glossy from the nasty thoughts in your head yet, before a single tear can drop from your eyes something shiny is brought to your attention, you bring your head up again.