A Pearl

Midoriya holds (Y/N) by his shaking body, pulling them closer to him so he can hear if they're still breathing, still alive. they were breathing, soft and lightly on his over beating heart, the blood on their face still fresh from what they horribly did early to get out of the villains grasp. Midoriya holds nothing against them for that scene although, he and everyone else was taken aback. The fact that they rip human skin like nothing, like it was ripping chicken off the bone, was just shocking. He didn't see too much, he closed his eyes a little too long after that sight but, the next thing he knew, they were running towards All Might before a portal opened in front of them and All Might. After that, his heroic instincts kicked in. All Might was weakening, at the last of his strength and he had an urge to protect them, despite everything that happened.

"(Y/N) is alright, just needs to rest"

Midoriya looks up to see all might in his much less dramatic form. He must be, and was, overwhelmed and tired, he uses up the last bit of his strong form. Midoriya gritted his teeth, he was concerned for All Might. The fighting and putting the last bit of power to maintain his form must have tired him out but, he was more troubled at the fact that All Might said (Y/N) was fine when they're losing 10 tons of blood out of their small body!

"but...they're losing a lot of blood!"

"The black blood is the most important, they don't look like they lost much of the black, so they should be alright"

Midoriya frowned, This confused him immensely. this person, this situation, the villains were one thing but, (Y/N) was another. The villains had a creature, a monstrosity beast to match and overpower All might. Yet this kid, this small 14-year-old took the creature to its knees. The nomu was so strong and so matching to All Might that it took all 100% of All Might powers to take it completely down! And that was after (Y/N) weakened it. (Y/N) was still able to get up, they were still able to move and struggle and react! And apparently the Lost of blood doesn't matter? What is the black blood? What makes a difference?

The villain called (Y/N) a monster but what does that even mean?

There were too many questions in Midoriya's head and a lot of cracked bones in his body for him to focus on anything.

"I wasn't... able to do anything..."

Midoriya holds (Y/N) closer, feeling the blood being soaked in his clothes. As All Might said, there wasn't a lot of black blood dripping out of their body- if the black blood is the most important then that means they're ok and that's what matters. Although, he still didn't catch the villains and this frustrated him to no end.

A bit of All Might shirt seems to slip off (Y/N) shoulders, exposing the terrifying monster arm. It wasn't really scary, it was more eye-opening, the purple fur wet with blood, the bright shining crystal's varied in size and colors, growing out of their skin. Midoriya puts the shirt back up, not wanting to see any more because the burning questions that are already in his mind will just grow.

All Might looks down to midoriya, then at (Y/N), then back at Midoriya. He knows what the boy is thinking, the burning questions lingering in his mind about the small child in his arms. how (Y/N) innocence seems like a play-act after witnessing such a heroic and horrifying scene. How their strength and speed were beyond comprehension, how even in a small body and young age (Y/N) is stronger than any human he has faced in his entire hero career

and it's true.

(Y/N) is stronger than himself.

What is more petrifying is there's an entire species that is more stronger than an army of himself. It terrifies him and drives him up the wall with anxiety because this child, This child is one of many more monsters.