The Telephone | Jeffrey X Reader

It's about four o'clock in the afternoon and as usual the day is not exciting: few customers have entered the store and at the end only one has entered your department to see the latest mobile phones. You get a file with the data sheets of the last batch of phones that they have brought you and start to take a look.

While you are browsing through the known pages a customer has entered the store and you're almost sure it will not come to you, then you open all the windows and systems the new models.

You look up and notice with amazement and pleasure that the customer is approaching your department. You finish to fix the latest phones and prepare to welcome him with your best smile.

<Hi, I'm Y / N, how can I help you?> You ask him while he stops to look at the windows.

<Hello, I'm looking for a new phone> he answers you smiling amicably.

<Okay, did you already have something in mind?> You ask trying to be as professional as possible.

<Actually no: I'm not very practical about technological things and I do not know where to start... so I trust you Y / N> and so saying he puts down the dark sunglasses and the baseball cap that covered his face on the window, revealing the last face in the world that you would have never imagined seeing: the one of your idol.

Try not to bother and remain professional to make a good impression, but it is certainly not easy to see who you have before and who has just pronounced your name.

<So Jeff... um I can call you Jeff, can't I?> You were confident but exactly two words later, you had already lost all your security.

<Yes, of course, why you shouldn't? > responds cordially, trying to put you at ease.

<Okay, okay. So as I was telling you this way we have the latest models arrived, arrived a few minutes ago and very valid, if instead you prefer something less "showy" we also have these> say pointing to the various phones.

<Mmhh... I think the less conspicuous ones go well> responds carefully following your explanations.

<Perfect. Did you have a brand with which you feel comfortable with or a particular operating system in mind?> You ask, noting with pleasure that he is really interested in what you are telling him. And it makes you very pleased.

<No... I wouldn't say so. Tell me Y / N what would you buy if you were in my place> he asks looking in your eyes.

I stared for a moment thinking about the answer and take the opportunity to notice that all his photos and movies that you saw do not being him justice: it is definitely more beautiful live.

Then I looked at the window and pointed to some cell phones:

<If you are looking for a camera that makes spectacular photos and videos on your own without having to adjust anything and in any light condition, then I recommend this: it has a dual 13 megapixel external camera and laser autofocus. If you want to use it to change any type of document and then for work, then I would say that: it has 6 GB of RAM and Snapdragon processors similar to those of PCs. If you want to use it to play, watch videos, movies and TV series, then this with the widest screen and the most powerful graphics card is ideal: the screen resolution is particularly accurate and gives you the opportunity to see the colors more clearly moreover, the images are snappy and clear. To make it short, it depends on what you have to do mainly with the phone> complete satisfied.
He watches you for a moment in silence and then bursts out laughing.

<I have absolutely no idea what you have just said but you seem really prepared and passionate about your work> and seeing that you remained silent continues:

<Excuse me, I did not mean to offend you... it's just that I escaped laughing because I regret not being able to appreciate what you've just explained to me with so much passion and because... I feel really too old> he says sincerely.

He had caught you off guard for a moment.

<No, no problem, I was not offended. It just seemed strange to have made you laugh so...> you say a little. embarrassed but relieved.

<However, please, go ahead: I promise to commit myself more seriously to understand> he tells you by putting a hand on the heart as a sign of promise.

<All right. I have an idea, let's do it like this: do you have your old phone with you?> You ask, coming back professionally.

<Yes, of course, here it is> he says pulling it out and passing it. While you take it, your fingers touch each other making you tickle and visibly blush.

<But I do not know how useful it can be, because it does not even turn on anymore...>

<Yes, do not worry, it's not a problem. I just needed to see the brand and model to check if we have something like that> thankfully he did not notice you were blushing and it makes you feel more comfortable.

Look through the windows and finally find what you were looking for, while he looks at you curiously.

<Here it is, this is the phone most similar to yours, there is, only with some more function because it is the new model... but otherwise it is the same> you say satisfied.

<Amazing, I trust you. Can I ask you to put the SIM in the new one so I can turn it on right away?>

<Of course. I'll do it right away> answer with a smile.

After fixing everything you turn it on and give it to him, assisting him in the initial configuration.

<Done. Now everything should be fine> you inform him.

<I really think so, you did a really excellent job Y / N, thanks>.

You prepare the phone box and place it on the counter so that he can take it and you understand with regret that he is going to go away and you probably will not see him again.

But before leaving, he looks at you questioningly.

<Can I ask you one last thing?>

<Of course, tell me>

<How did you know my name... because I didn't tell you?>

This time you are laughing.

<Well there is little to ask when your fame precedes you> you answer by indicating him.

He closes his eyes, throwing his head slightly back and laughing in turn.

<I should have imagined it. So you're a fan?>

<Let's say yes> to stay on the vague to avoid telling him that you've actually seen all his movies and the TV series in which he appears in.

<Fantastic! So we should just take a picture together>

<It would be great> you answer exalted.

He picks up his new phone and after having unlocked it, he tells you where the camera is, hugs you and takes the picture.

<Done. It came good. Now I need only your number so I can send it to you>

Your eyes widen in euphoria and spit out numbers like a river. You would never have imagined such a thing. Never in your life.

<Hey, slowly! I could not score even one of them> he laughs.

You laugh and give it back to him slowly.

<Perfect, thank you. So now I'll send it to you... and if I'm having problems with the phone, I will not hesitate to contact you> he says, winking and going to the exit.