That's Not My Dad

I was extremely sick one night, running a fever and vomiting every other minute. My mom and my two brothers went to my grandma’s for the night while my dad stayed home with me.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling very sick again. I got out of bed and decided to get some medicine from my dad. So I walked to the kitchen, no dad. I walked into the living room, no dad. I walked into his bedroom, no dad. I suddenly realized he’s probably out in his office working. Dad had built a small building right outside of the house and his eyes were always glued to the computer. So I headed out there, desperate to feel better.

It was cold and windy outside. It’s very creepy when it’s midnight out of the country, you always feel like your being watched, which I did.

I finally made it to his office, yet again, no dad. Confused and upset, I started walking back to the house to get warm. I made it to the front of the house when I saw my dad at the front window, waving for me to come in. I jogged closer and was about to reach for the front door when I heard a vehicle pull up behind me.

It was my dad’s truck! Confused, I walked to the truck when my dad stepped out, “What are you doing out of bed?! Your gonna feel worse out in this weather!”

I was shocked, scared, silent, and still. He had to shake me to get me to walk, but I tried to convince him not to go inside. Parents, they never believe a true ghost story when it comes from a child.

I don’t know what that was but I know that it was trying to lure me inside. I never encountered anything else after that. My mom might have, she wanted to move out of the house as soon as possible. So we did a year later.