Classroom 608

My friend Jay and I were playing in front of classroom 608 when Jay’s teacher walked out of her classroom. She made a comment about Jay and me being boyfriend and girlfriend. She made me blush. Then the teacher’s eyes filled with a look of horror and she stared at me in the strangest way. She made me feel uneasy. I didn’t question her, after all she was the teacher.

When she was gone I turned to say something to Jay, but he beat me to it. “Yeah, I noticed that, too. I have never seen her this strange before, staring at people like that.”

That night at 11:30 I was in my bed. I was staring blankly at the ceiling. That’s when I heard a voice: “Here sweetie…come here…”

I froze and looked around frantically. No one was there. Creaking sounds began to emanate from the closet. I quickly jumped up from my bed and ran to the living room. I curled up on the chair and kept my eyes on all the doorways. After a while my weariness overcame me and I fell asleep.

The next day I woke up at 5:40 a.m. I was on the computer when I heard the same voice again. Only this time, it was saying: “You…death…school…” There were other words I couldn’t quite make out. Whatever it was I freaked out and ran to my parents — but of course they didn’t believe me. I stayed in the same room with them until I went to school. I was being clingy, but they didn’t seem to notice.

I told Jay about the voices at recess. He nodded in belief that it happened. I was relieved that he didn’t just laugh at me. Just then his teacher came out of her classroom. She motioned me to follow her, so I did. She took me into classroom 608 then asked me: “You heard voices last night didn’t you?” I just stared at her in shock. How did she know that I heard the voice last night? I asked her how she knew. She said nothing.

That night I heard the voice again. By now I was sick of it and wanted it to quit. So I got mad and yelled: “Would you please stop that? Whoever or whatever you are I don’t care. Even if you are a ghost, alien or monster! Just get lost! Stop bothering me!!!” I didn’t hear another voice that night.

The next day I asked Jay’s teacher about the voice. Finally, with a long sigh, she told me the whole story. Before our school was built it was a graveyard. The voice I kept hearing belonged to a girl who was three years older than me when she died. The teacher said the girl was so beautiful but after a horrific car accident her beauty had changed. The girl was so upset that she killed herself with a knife. The teacher said she saw the girl’s ghost behind me that first day. She was desiring my body and face for her own. I shivered after I heard this story. I was better able to see things from the other side, now. Still I just hoped it would stop!